Kenshin's Rice Rocket

Kenshin X

Last green, Duy

are you powder coating them?

I wanna know how much they'd charge per rim, let me know k..

btw is that your foot in them photos :lol:

I like your shoe hahahaha! joking :lol:

yeah i was juggling between the last and middle green but lauren told me to go with the first green i chose, that was the middle one, so i went with that... :lol:

the people doing it for me are called "mansutti bros." tottenham pde, tottenham. they did for me 60 bucks for each rim, sandblasting included + GST. fairly cheap and they are damn quick, i handed them in on tuesday and i'll be getting them done by tomorrow, 3 days :yahoo: ;)

Good stuff man, I bet you'll be extremely happy with them, 60 bucks a rim is pretty good

It's gonna look sweet.

Alright guys... my latest mod...

ROH Turismos in RA3108 Green (Jotun Powder coating colour) :lol: :D :lol:

DSC01177.jpg

DSC01181.jpg

DSC01205.jpg

DSC01192.jpg

DSC01188.jpg

DSC01215.jpg

DSC01217.jpg

DSC01213.jpg

DSC01211.jpg

DSC01200.jpg

I tried to take the pictures in every possible light. Pictures at the car wash showed the rims more fluorescent but in real life i can tell you they aren't looking like that ;)

Lug nuts I know are rusted and getting rounded off... Uncle is sourcing some for me from his ex-work mates shop in Keilor. Should be able to get some lock nuts for them too ;)

NOW car will be more noticeable on the track :spiteful:

Just some comments from various people

Person 1:"DAMMMMMMNNNN!!!! Looks sick!"

Person 2: "Ok... why green?"

Person 3: "OMG WTFBBQSAUCEWITHMAYO!"

Person 4: "Ahh man, green? You're crazy... They don't look good man... you wrecked it. What happened to your stockies?"

Me: "Watch this" (Get's in the car and reverses and drives past him)

Person 4: "Ahhhhhhhh, I see! Looks nice like those Volk Rims! Just make sure you don't stop so they can't tell." :lol:

Person 5: "Alright, now you can just jump off the bridge..."

More importantly for me, handling is much better around corners due to the extra 2 inches of contact patch on the ground. Now I can't stop looking at window shops when my cars moving! :lol: i'll try and get someone to do a moving shot of my car... very nice to see :)

I finally dared to be different...

Enjoy :)

LOL thanks for the kind words folks! I reckon the 3 days i got my wheels i've cleaned my car 3 days and its rained 3 days <_< but today... and tomorrow i can enjoy them more now :yahoo:

@Hamster - Sorry mate, i can't justify spending 4.9K for a set of Volks. my mrs would definately hack mah balls haha...

btw how wide are the limes?

hey desmond haven't seen you for a long time, hows your stivo going? :)

they are 16x7s, so i could chuck on my current tyres to try them out :)

lol thanks guys.

Today i bought some black wheel hex nuts for my rims to replace the rusty chrome ones that were on before...

just need to swap a couple because the outside of the nut wasn't finished in a smooth rounded circle, it was kinda straight cut (yes i know i'm a perfectionist...)

they look heaps better and go with the black car ;)

pictures to come :)

thanks for the comments folks :)

anyways, an update

yesterday was getting a few things for my mum at my aunties when i parked my car outside onthe side of the road to move a few things to the front for my mrs to hold. Opposite road and roller shutter opened and a white camry backed out.

"She will see me..." I thought.

Backing... backing up... more more... BANG! reversed into my front driver side bumper. Caused 2 spider cracks and scuff marks on my front bumper, lower part of the bumper was also cracked (paint).

Asking for forgiveness because she has a young child in the back and its almost x-mas. I just asked for her license and got her details down. after a few minutes have gone past, her neighbour arrived home and asked what happened. She was crying to them and carrying on etc. After I got her details, she then asked for my license. I didn't have one on me. The fact that i wasn't in the car and the car was parked doesn't matter if I had a license or not. So i just gave her my address and details and name and we were about to go when the couple then said that the bottom part cannot be caused by her car because it is too high. Then the woman wanted the police to come to look at the damage. she also mentioned that the excess (insurance) is too high and that she doesn't want to pay for it.

"your problem mate" i said

The other couple also said that if the police come, i will be in trouble because I dont have a license with me. Also they said that i'd "look stupid because the damage isn't big". Still keeping my calm, I said ok, so i called the police up myself and explained the situation. She asked whether we were drinking or not and i asked the other lady. She turned around to me and said

"of course i'm not drinking, what do you think? i'm pregnant"

"maam, they asked a simple question, they expect a simple answer, do you want me to repeat what u said to me to the police?"

silence. i was getting frustrated.

They said that since no one was hurt and we weren't on the main road or busy road, they will not come out to look at the accident. So i asked the policewoman to explain to the lady and then she was bawling her eyes out. She then asked if her husband can come with me to the assessor to talk to him about my damaged car. I agreed. She was running out of options...

THEN she decided to call up a panel beater (her friend mechanic etc) to come and look at the damage. I had a client who was in pain waiting for me at my clinic. I told them I had to go but they were still holding me back saying to let it go. I told the woman firmly

"maam, if you don't pay the excess, you will be taken to court and will face them. further more, i'm running a bussiness and i was supposed to be there 30 mins ago. My client has called me and if I loose business. you're going to loose more than $550. I'll make sure i'll sue you every single cent and make you live on the street. Now if you excuse me i'll be on my way."

Since I wasn't too far away, i even left my mrs there with my car for the her panel beater/mechanic friend to come and look at it. I attended to my patient at my clinic and walked back. i saw her driving away. johnnieboi was there (thanks mate) looked after my wife.

before i left with my car, i even went to the couples house and apoligised for being so troublesome to them. We just laughed it off and I went.

Put a claim through yesterday and i'm now shopping around for the good panel shop beater.

Today I drove past the woman's house on the main road. i saw a new double story with a lexus at the front. This made me feel like they deserved it more. big double story like that with a lexus in the front and can't afford to pay the excess for the insurance? whatever...

rant over

oh wait... not yet, clutch started slipping and the stock struts are carking it... stayed tuned for more updates :spiteful:

also thanks vinh for your insurance help ;)

• Like 1

I went through a lot of debate on rim colour with my rims... and i gotta say, this colour looks even better than i thought it would

Well done on going against the grain...I love that colour

BTW, please for the love of god, don't start colour coding other parts on your car that colour, it looks ace as it is

whitestivo

Terrible luck mate and just before chrissy... :( hope it gets sorted asap.

it always amazes me how tight some people can be with money,we did some trees for an old lady in Brighton,the property is worth about 6 million and there was a late model Merc and VW Toerag in the driveway,anyway we finished our work and gave her the bill,she immediatley asked for her pensioners discount and also asked if we could do a little extra for free. :blink:

caved in,gave her the pensioners discount,but no free work...i was thinking by this stage this old bag can go suck an egg.

p.s just one of the diamond/emerald rings she had on her fingers would have bought a 3rd world country or a small island somewhere in the Pacific.