What did you do to your car today?

Damn. Glad to hear that you got out of that one with minimal injury.

Cheers bud...feeling a little sore & sorry for myself but it could have been much worse,was doing some trees on a private golf course so i didn't have my seatbelt on at the time so i got thrown around the cab a bit,lucky it was only a low speed roll over.

Time for beers Lee so glad your ok mate!

I drove my AE82 up the street last night and today a few times ... after 2.5 years it was like id driven her the day before ... so easy to get to know her again xoxo

Took the filters off the 18RG sprayed in a bit of fuel and fired her up!! That is a sound that brings a warm feeling to my heart.

Next I drove it from the side of the house and reversed it into the garage where the Tonner (Now Sold) used to be parked.

Time to begin the journey of stripping it down and getting it ready for the panel and paint it so deserves.

Starting tomorrow the interior comes out and then the bonnet, guards, bumpers, doors and hatch etc.

This car holds a special place in my heart and I am committed to having it totally restored as a tribute to my youngest son Mitchell who tragically passed away earlier this month.

I just wish he was still here to help me finish the Celica that was his inspiration to begin with.

I will try to keep you all up to date with the progress.

Mark

Thats great you have something to work with and keep your mind occupied when times are tough Mark. My condolences on the loss of your son , im sure you will make the car what you want it to be and im sure your son would be so happy your restoring it as a tribute to him.

Mick

Not what i did to my Aurion but rather the 08 Hilux i drive at work...i rolled it today and wrote it off. :(

Really glad to hear you were not too badly hurt. Some people have a lot worse injuries with a lesser crash.

How about some pics of the Lux.

i took my heatshield for my pod off this morning because its a heap of ***** and keeps making the ram arm fall off the suspended bracket... sounds louder now and sucks in a fair bit more air... over all i am happy... and i transferred the registration for Herpes (The Subaru Sherpa Kei Car) into my name... and totally lied about how many km's it had done since the RWC was done... lol - and found out it only costs $350 a year to register...

Thanks for all the well wishes and kind thoughts..makes me feel all warm & fuzzy :D

and as for posting some pics of the smashed Lux,i don't think i should sully the company any more than i already have and i'm pretty sure the boss would not be too impressed if i showed off the company vehicle/name on the web when it looks like it does atm. :(

Installed TOM'S carbon Antenna to the LS....Mmmmm carbon, mmmm TOM'S :D

extreme weight shedding, i like it :P

Finished off the stereo... Then ten minutes later started pulling apart to arange it differently..

Sounded amazing though :)

Oh and debadged the rear and only left emblem, the bum looks so much better.

Today I had my 75,000KM service completed at my mechanic to keep my three year factory warranty happy. I was amazed at how black the oil was even though I did an oil change my self about 6000KM ago!

AND to really put the icing on the cake. I finally gave it a wash :yahoo:. It had been a month since it's last wash and it was depressing to look at her.

After the wash I gave it a coat of wax applied with my mothers brand buffer and meguiars wax. Then two layers of tyre shine and then a deep vacuum inside everywhere. Everything is perfect now. Got it's service done and also finally got cleaned :D :D

though one thing that sucks is that I do need new tyres by now. The mechanic rotated them for me though they are very close having to be changed all four.

edit:

anyone know where I should put this sticker(best spot):

photo-3.jpg

lol i copied paradigm and put mine on the rear glass section of the rear door just in the corner. :)

lol i copied paradigm and put mine on the rear glass section of the rear door just in the corner. :)

LOL. You guys all copied the one and only.

IMG_4779.jpg

Damn I miss that car.

As for me, today I drove it to Mooloolaba and back. Then had birds crap on it. That's about all.

LOL. You guys all copied the one and only.

<snip>

Damn I miss that car.

As for me, today I drove it to Mooloolaba and back. Then had birds crap on it. That's about all.

yeah that's the spot lol! and well i ummmm??? welll drove the long way to work to dodge some pretty dodgy roadworks and thats about it lol, is due for a service this month though ha :)

purchased my FX-GT Replica headlights :yahoo:

Nice, let me know how you go with wiring them up, I'm really fed up with the halos at the moment so looking to switch in the very near future...

Rewired the stereo in the Sportivo after melting the earth wires, seems I was pushing too much haha...

Wires doubled in size and a quick retune and it's now smashing the volume it used to peak at, should be seeing an easy increase at the next sound off :)