Little Rants

.gorgz

Slimline ones are definately only for show. All they do is make the water travel an extra 2" before it comes in the window and gets all up in your sh*t.

I've found the easiest solution: don't wash your car.

Jeffy, could not agree more with you. What I have found that this happens more with the smaller cars that the front is so low that you cannot see it, and the driver appears not to be able to guage the distance between the front to the vehicle ahead. I just keep beeping the horn and waving to them to move up.

But saying that about small cars. I have a neighbour who has a small car that likes to park right on the rear of the vehicle, and leaving 2-3 metre gap behind to the car behind them. I'm just waiting on one day when they park behind my car (wagon + tow bar) and I have someone park right up behind them that they cannot get out. That is the only way these types of people will learn.

soo true, in my yaris i cannot tell where the front is at all, even when i use the highbeams to judge it still sh!ts me to no tmr

on another note, i cannot drive automatic, seriously cannot keep speed constant >.>

Those that own an Aurion would understand this rant....

... when you wash the windscreen then want to put your window down to let some air in while you are driving. The design of the pillar on the side of the windscreen is so bad that the water just runs into the car and all over the door trim and window switches. Pi**es me off every time.

i agree,i even have a microfibre cloth on hand to wipe the switches :( ...on a side note thats sorts of ok compared to the FG Ford ute i drive during the day at work,if you have both windows down you get this bufferting that kills your ears and mashes your brain,we are constantly ajusting the window levels to compensate for the boom boom boom on your senses...this really sucks and is a design fault imo :(

lee, my corolla does the same. i think its not a design fault but its more like where the movement of air/wind goes. thats why u have to adjust the windscreen so u dont get the reverberation in your ears.

i find out that if i leave the fronts down, the people in the rear suffer, if they open theirs and i keep mine closed i suffer :P

...on a side note thats sorts of ok compared to the FG Ford ute i drive during the day at work,if you have both windows down you get this bufferting that kills your ears and mashes your brain,we are constantly ajusting the window levels to compensate for the boom boom boom on your senses...this really sucks and is a design fault imo :(

Ever tried putting just the rear windows down on the Aruon while moving at 80km/h or more? You will probably only last a few seconds because it nearly feels like the windows will explode.

The rear window of the window drives me nuts! If it's raining or even just humid, the rear window fogs up (on the outside) and as there aren't any demister bars there isn't a damn thing you can do about it.

Not car related-

1. Put your headphones into your pocket when you are done listening to them, pull them back out to find you have a f#@!ng jungle to unwire.

2. People who don't allow someone getting off transport to get off, they just step straight onto the bus/train/tram.

3. Idiots that speak so god damn loud on their phones on a bus/train.

Car related-

1. PEOPLE WHO DONT ALLOW YOU TO MERGE ON THE FREEWAY.

2. I hate trucks :(

People who drive at 70km/h on the highway with a 1km traffic line behind them... who then speed up to 110km when an overtaking lane appears so noone can overtake then slow back down to 70km again when the overtaking lane is gone...

I want a bonnet mounted 50 calibre machine gun to take care of these people. :spiteful:

I COULDNT AGREE WITH YOU MORE!

I hate it when some dingbat drives at 80 in a 110 zone and when your just about to overtake them they put their foot down especialy on overtaking lanes I could absolutly kill them.

while we are on the subject people who drive slow in the fast lane and dont merge back in the slow lane theirs a place in hell for you. Some clown did it to me the other day while I was driving back from sydney down the freeway I had to overtake on the slow lane, IF YOUR GOING TO DRIVE SLOW STAY IN THE BLOODY LEFT LANE.

People who drive at 70km/h on the highway with a 1km traffic line behind them... who then speed up to 110km when an overtaking lane appears so noone can overtake then slow back down to 70km again when the overtaking lane is gone...

I want a bonnet mounted 50 calibre machine gun to take care of these people. :spiteful:

I would have to agree with that rant. You get it a lot with those Winnebago's etc during interstate road trips. They start to accelerate 500m or so before the overtaking lane to make it difficult for others to overtake. This is where having a little extra acceleration ability comes useful.

On that topic of things, when you are like a car or two behind said Winnebago etc and the guy in front of you does not put his foot down when it comes to overtaking time making it difficult for you to overtake.

I'm used to it now and I just smile at them when it happens, but I used to hate having conversations about cars with people. Because as soon as they get an inkling that you know something about cars, they also used to say, "What do you drive?" This is not a problem and I am proud of my Toyota, but as soon as you answer with a Toyota Corolla, there is always that slight smerk like it sucks or something. As soon as you say Toyota, they instantly think old persons car, but they don't appreciate the massive racing history Toyota actually has and continues to have. And of course most people don't want to hear, "Well it actually has the engine from a Celica ..."

They also don't appreciate the amount of work and care that has been put into the car as to most people, a Corolla is an A-B sort of thing.

Which remains me, I hate that saying, "It's just a car to get me from A-B"

But as I said earlier, now I just smile because I know what I have got and thats alright with me

1. PEOPLE WHO DONT ALLOW YOU TO MERGE ON THE FREEWAY.

2. I hate trucks :(

+1

Trucks too, just in general, not the drivers though (depends), but yeah, they're just HUGE ! was driving around yesterday on the freeway, and at least 4 trucks surrounding me, couldnt see far ahead :P, makes me feel unsafe, especially driving behind them ... stone chips galore, then you try and merge, they wont let you through, or there's another truck, haha

I'm used to it now and I just smile at them when it happens, but I used to hate having conversations about cars with people. Because as soon as they get an inkling that you know something about cars, they also used to say, "What do you drive?" This is not a problem and I am proud of my Toyota, but as soon as you answer with a Toyota Corolla, there is always that slight smerk like it sucks or something. As soon as you say Toyota, they instantly think old persons car, but they don't appreciate the massive racing history Toyota actually has and continues to have. And of course most people don't want to hear, "Well it actually has the engine from a Celica ..."

They also don't appreciate the amount of work and care that has been put into the car as to most people, a Corolla is an A-B sort of thing.

But as I said earlier, now I just smile because I know what I have got and thats alright with me

i drive a camry :]

Here's another rant from me. When you pull up to a pedestrian crossing and there are a stream of people crossing it.... but not just that. There are more people who are approximately the length of the crossing away approaching it. The end result being pedestrians who don't give a flying f*** that you are queued up at the crossing and continue to use the crossing in what seems like a never ending flow.

Realistically unless you have a Sportivo, the newer Corollas aren't sporty.

But who gives a Shiite? It's your car, you do whatever you do to it... for yourself. Not for others. And yes, that even applies to Old Mate who has the 99 excel that has the epic bodykit on it. I don't know many people who mod their car for someone else.

Realistically unless you have a Sportivo, the newer Corollas aren't sporty.

But who gives a Shiite? It's your car, you do whatever you do to it... for yourself. Not for others. And yes, that even applies to Old Mate who has the 99 excel that has the epic bodykit on it. I don't know many people who mod their car for someone else.

+1. i always say this: "mate, its ONLY a corolla" with a smirk on my face

Entirely car unrelated but...

F#$&ing Telstra!

Surely its not ethical business practice to overcharge somebody then put services on their account on hold until you fix your own c*ckup? If I had another option, I'd **** those ****s right off.

:angry:

Oh i have one, the whole drive a car out of a dealership and lose 10k chestnut drives me bananas lately. Your Vehicle DOES NOT dropped by ten grand. Check out your invoice what do you see? 75% of the 10k lost is pure govt charges that are your main first massive loss. Nobody gets this money back not you and not the dealer it goes and stays with your friendly govt. ok im all good now :)

I dont know If this subject being covered before or not if it has im going bring it back up again.

People who cant park there car straight in car spot or those people who take up two cars spots. I could kick them were it hurts, if you cant park a car properly you shouldnt have a licence fullstop, Its nothing more anoying in a busy street or shopping centre car park when its busy and there only just enough car parks and your driving around looking for a car spot and think you have found one and you look and some numskull is taking up two spots or they havent parked straight. I have one thing to say to them HAVE SOME CONSIDERATION FOR OTHERS!

Entirely car unrelated but...

F#$&ing Telstra!

Surely its not ethical business practice to overcharge somebody then put services on their account on hold until you fix your own c*ckup? If I had another option, I'd **** those ****s right off.

:angry:

hahahaha... I work for Southernphone, all Australian call centre.. we got LOADS of Telstra customers come to us, people hate them with a passion! Keep up the bad work Telstra. :D

Sorry to lol at your pain.

I dont know If this subject being covered before or not if it has im going bring it back up again.

People who cant park there car straight in car spot or those people who take up two cars spots. I could kick them were it hurts, if you cant park a car properly you shouldnt have a licence fullstop, Its nothing more anoying in a busy street or shopping centre car park when its busy and there only just enough car parks and your driving around looking for a car spot and think you have found one and you look and some numskull is taking up two spots or they havent parked straight. I have one thing to say to them HAVE SOME CONSIDERATION FOR OTHERS!

2nd that.. I go out of my way to find a park spot with NO other cars on either side with the GT4 so those same type of idiots dont slam their doors into mine.. the Hilux is another story.. if they do that I laugh.. all they hit is running board.

Roadworks, on a single lane road, that is also a main rd through 2 school zones, a rail crossing, and the ONLY WAY HOME.

What normally takes 2 minutes to drive through took 35 minutes this afternoon due to these geniuses who decided it would be BRILLIANT to perform works on this road in the middle of peak hour traffic.

Also Toyota "service", and the fact you need to light a fire under their collective ****s to get them to do the work properly.