Little Rants

.gorgz

I absolutely hate when you pull up to a busy intersection and your turning left, so you head to the left side of the road, being courteous. And as your trying to see if it's clear and judging the distances a soccer mum in her big a55 SUV pulls up, blocking your view.

Also hate that people buy hardcore 4wd's and they never see a dirt road, should be buying a car for your needs, not just because it's cool/trendy.

Another thing with intersections is when the car in front is going straight or turning right and blocks the whole single lane when if they moved to the right of the lane I'd be able to fit past and turn left, always seems to happen at a busy road where it's easy to turn left but traffic renders any right turning utterly useless.

Agreed!! Especially when the one sitting in the middle of the lane so you can't turn left is a bloody piddly little Hyundai.

My pet hate driving at the moment is the ones who block off roundabouts when they KNOW they can't fit across!! Soooooo many times I should have been able to get through to turn but because they are complete morons they sit in the middle of the roundabout and block everyone else off while they wait for traffic to clear in their direction. I also hate it here in Bendigo's CBD because the council/VicRoads put pedestrian crossings immediately beside a roundabout. Awesome, so I don't just have to watch out for halfwits cutting out in front of me while I try to enter a roundabout, I also have to make the turn and be ready to immediately stop because someone might be crossing the road. And none of the pedestrians look before they cross the road. Yes, I have to give way to them, but a bit of common courtesy instead of blindly stepping out in front of traffic would be good.

My pet hate driving at the moment is the ones who block off roundabouts when they KNOW they can't fit across!! Soooooo many times I should have been able to get through to turn but because they are complete morons they sit in the middle of the roundabout and block everyone else off while they wait for traffic to clear in their direction. I also hate it here in Bendigo's CBD because the council/VicRoads put pedestrian crossings immediately beside a roundabout. Awesome, so I don't just have to watch out for halfwits cutting out in front of me while I try to enter a roundabout, I also have to make the turn and be ready to immediately stop because someone might be crossing the road. And none of the pedestrians look before they cross the road. Yes, I have to give way to them, but a bit of common courtesy instead of blindly stepping out in front of traffic would be good.

+1

The CBD here is absolutely stuffed for cars, poor design and getting worse with more traffic :(

Oh and Tash, my interwebs is slow, please fix it ;)whistling.gif

+1

The CBD here is absolutely stuffed for cars, poor design and getting worse with more traffic :(

Oh and Tash, my interwebs is slow, please fix it ;)whistling.gif

Hahaha, my interwebs is slow too, so I'll be fixing mine first :P (yeah right... DHS' network sucks!) Have you tried turning it off and on again?? :whistling:

Hahaha, my interwebs is slow too, so I'll be fixing mine first :P (yeah right... DHS' network sucks!) Have you tried turning it off and on again?? :whistling:

Hmm, ok, I've turned it off then on again.......WOW problem fixed, thank you interweb master :D

To try and stay on topic I also dislike the condition that the Calder Freeway is now in, potholes, bumps and a generally bad road, damn those trucks wearing these roads down so quickly

Hmm, ok, I've turned it off then on again.......WOW problem fixed, thank you interweb master :D

To try and stay on topic I also dislike the condition that the Calder Freeway is now in, potholes, bumps and a generally bad road, damn those trucks wearing these roads down so quickly

Lol... Interweb master, I could get used to that title :D

I know! I really should write that letter of complaint to VicRoads about it - better post on our meet for this month for the Melbourne guys to watch out on the way up to Kyneton. I can't believe they have let such a major HWY get so bad so quickly :angry: Why is it always the roads that have only just been recently resurfaced that get ripped up and done again, whilst the worst roads are just left for ages?? The road out to the showgrounds here is absolutely atrocious and they have been out there and had a half go at filling it in and just made it ten times worse!!

I will always have my rant about people like this. They were not overtaking, and the traffic well in front of them was moving quicker:

di-412924109692.jpg

di-6129241098615.jpg

MY GOD DONT GET ME STARTED. :ph34r: today on my way to school, no car anywhere on the two lanes..except for 1. of course on the overtaking lane. i go past her (woman in a honda), then point her in the right direction out the window....what does she do? FLIP THE BIRD! i'm like...woman what you on about..and i gave her the finger back. then she gave it back to me again and flashed her lights...i was already 200m or so in front of her...then we come to a traffic light..i just turn left and she stops and honks at me...

how hard can it be? Keep left unless overtaking. The signs seem big and simple enough to understand?

My rant for the day... City parking (in this case the Myer Centre). I know parking in the city is always going to be expensive during the day, but this pricing structure is just crap:

0-20 minutes: $6

20-30 minutes: $12

30-60 minutes: $19

What's more annoying is that from the moment oh enter, you spend about 6 minutes finding a park and then a further 5 minutes locking up and catching a lift to where you are going. Then when you leave, you take about 5 minutes getting a lift into the carpark and getting to your car, then a further 3 minutes to get to the exit lanes. So at this point you have wasted 19 minutes for nothing.

When you get to the exit lanes though, of the 3 lanes that are there, only 1 is open. To add to that, the silly b**** behind the counter is moving slower than 2 seniors ****ing. By the time you give her your ticket, another 6 minutes have passed. That's now 25 minutes wasted.

So basically, you go there to pick something up which takes 5 minutes to do, you end up paying $19 for parking. FFS.

• Like 1

That's really sucks :(

for me, the ladies driving while applying make up and driving the lane that is suppose to be faster than the other lane.. Grrr... Wake up extra early by having the beauty sleep than have time in morning to apply make up :D lol instead in the car..

My rant for the day... City parking (in this case the Myer Centre). I know parking in the city is always going to be expensive during the day, but this pricing structure is just crap:

0-20 minutes: $6

20-30 minutes: $12

30-60 minutes: $19

What's more annoying is that from the moment oh enter, you spend about 6 minutes finding a park and then a further 5 minutes locking up and catching a lift to where you are going. Then when you leave, you take about 5 minutes getting a lift into the carpark and getting to your car, then a further 3 minutes to get to the exit lanes. So at this point you have wasted 19 minutes for nothing.

When you get to the exit lanes though, of the 3 lanes that are there, only 1 is open. To add to that, the silly b**** behind the counter is moving slower than 2 seniors ****ing. By the time you give her your ticket, another 6 minutes have passed. That's now 25 minutes wasted.

So basically, you go there to pick something up which takes 5 minutes to do, you end up paying $19 for parking. FFS.

• 1 month later...

I really hate it at night and you overtake someone, and go back into the left lane and you get high beam into all you mirrors. I had that about 5 times on the way back from melbourne.. Really pisses me off.. and what can you do to show you anger to the person? not much.

I really hate it at night and you overtake someone, and go back into the left lane and you get high beam into all you mirrors. I had that about 5 times on the way back from melbourne.. Really pisses me off.. and what can you do to show you anger to the person? not much.

Surely you have some kind of rubbish rolling around in your car, when you're in front of them, do a little bit of weight reduction... if you catch my drift, windows being open is essential

Or do what I did.....get a dark tint, now 1D10T's like that don't even phase me as I don't notice the difference between high and low beam ;)

Surely you have some kind of rubbish rolling around in your car, when you're in front of them, do a little bit of weight reduction... if you catch my drift, windows being open is essential

Haha, damn why didnt i think of that! Probably the best way to make them realise and without causing danger to others on the road. Lol that tennis ball made me laugh.. everyone in the office was probably thinking what is wrong with him :lol: Im so going to do that

• 1 month later...

Finished washing and waxing the car. Then realised I have to run down to the shops to pick up something. Relatively blue sky, scattered clouds here and there, should be no problems right?

Wrong! 700m down the road, bright and sunny.... sun showers.

FML.

• Like 1

Finished washing and waxing the car. Then realised I have to run down to the shops to pick up something. Relatively blue sky, scattered clouds here and there, should be no problems right?

Wrong! 700m down the road, bright and sunny.... sun showers.

FML.

I saw that. Thank god it rained before I started anything.

Will do a Hoppys run tonight I think.

• 1 month later...

Time for my rant with the aid of MS Paint. This has happened to me so many times and it really makes me rage.

People that change from the right to left lane in a section where traffic is merging. Example is the red car:

di-16130690900912.jpg

• Like 1

Time for my rant with the aid of MS Paint. This has happened to me so many times and it really makes me rage.

People that change from the right to left lane in a section where traffic is merging. Example is the red car:

Too much use of MS Paint on the forums tonight.

di-16130690900912.jpg

In that situation, there's only one thing left to do:

do_a_barrel_roll_RE_Some_sharenator_OC_original_content-s450x599-141189.jpg

I will always have my rant about people like this. They were not overtaking, and the traffic well in front of them was moving quicker:

di-412924109692.jpg

di-6129241098615.jpg

MY GOD DONT GET ME STARTED. :ph34r: today on my way to school, no car anywhere on the two lanes..except for 1. of course on the overtaking lane. i go past her (woman in a honda), then point her in the right direction out the window....what does she do? FLIP THE BIRD! i'm like...woman what you on about..and i gave her the finger back. then she gave it back to me again and flashed her lights...i was already 200m or so in front of her...then we come to a traffic light..i just turn left and she stops and honks at me...

how hard can it be? Keep left unless overtaking. The signs seem big and simple enough to understand?

just coem out of the car with your steering wheel lock in one hand, that will shut her up :)

• 4 weeks later...