Aurion Tyre Pressure

william777

I just had my Aurion ATX for 2 weeks. The ride seems to be a bit hard. After reaching home from work, about 12 kms, I measured the tyre pressure and it was 40psi. Is this the correct pressure?

I just had my Aurion ATX for 2 weeks. The ride seems to be a bit hard. After reaching home from work, about 12 kms, I measured the tyre pressure and it was 40psi. Is this the correct pressure?

If you open your door on the sides, there's a recommended tyre pressure. 40 does seem a bit too high. It's a matter of choice. Some people go follow the recommended, while the others go with the pressure they're comfy with

If you open your door on the sides, there's a recommended tyre pressure. 40 does seem a bit too high. It's a matter of choice. Some people go follow the recommended, while the others go with the pressure they're comfy with

If you have alloys with skinny rubber, then you would pretty much be running them on higher pressures.

If you have standard wheels on standard factory rims, you should aim for between 32 - 36 PSI. This will provide a good balance between tyre wear/loading and comfort.

40 PSI will give you a very bouncy harsh ride.... You'll feel every bump, groove and imperfection on the road! :)

Cheers,

BB

I have done lots of trials with pressure for the Aurion and i found it best for me at 38psi front and 34psi back.

Yep. I'm running 38 at the fronts as well. I found this to be perfect. But this would differ with the sportivo versions. Since the non sportivo aurions don't have sports suspension and is softer. I think a higher PSI feels good. But if I had the stiffer sports suspension. I would do about 36-35 fronts.

Tyre pressure is really a bit of personal thing and everybody has a different opinion on it, also other things like your suspension tune, comfort (At-X, Prodigy & Presara) or Sports (Sportivo & TRD) and the size of your wheels can also affect how much air you choose to have in them. Most owners agree that somewhere around 35-38 Psi of pressure is the most ideal amount of air to be running.

If you have alloys with skinny rubber, then you would pretty much be running them on higher pressures.

If you have standard wheels on standard factory rims, you should aim for between 32 - 36 PSI. This will provide a good balance between tyre wear/loading and comfort.

40 PSI will give you a very bouncy harsh ride.... You'll feel every bump, groove and imperfection on the road! :)

Cheers,

BB

I forgot to mention that the tyre pressures described above are COLD pressures. Add approx 2 PSI to the above range if your tyres have warmed up. Small, but important detail! Heh heh.....:whistling:

• 9 months later...

When i bought mine the tyre pressure was 30psi all round. Ive got it now on 38psi. The ride is a little bit bumpier but the wear on the tyres is drastically reduced by having the slightly higher pressure

Car dealerships pump the tyres up on all their cars as they sit around for a while which can deform the tyre (makes the tyre have a flat spot) So they pump them up to prevent this from happening. The Aurion should have about 33psi.

The ideal tire pressure can also vary between different tires. Typically I found that on the 17 inch tires of the Sportivo, 35-38 PSI seemed to be the ideal range for most types of tires you would come across.

Also, bear in mind that the figure printed on the tire placard tend to err more on the minimum recommended value side of things.

How about 20" Falken FK452....any idea what pressure they would be good at?

At least 36 PSI. You don't want low profile tires lower than that as this can lead to blisters forming on the sidewall. Ideally around 38 PSI is a good number.

Hey Mste,

im running FK452 on my car too and i tend to have them around the 36psi mark. But have also run them as high as 40psi a few times and that has been more then fine.

• 3 months later...

Hey Mste,

im running FK452 on my car too and i tend to have them around the 36psi mark. But have also run them as high as 40psi a few times and that has been more then fine.

Hey there,

very late reply i know , but thanks.

and man i love your car!

very sexy!

I run 39psi, I come from a Supra with aftermarket shocks so compared to that no amount of tyre pressure is going to feel bumpy :P

A lot of people say how higher pressures have a good effect on fuel economy but I'm guessing that won't make too much of a difference once you get up around the 38psi mark?

I was a bit surprised though as the shop that put on my new tyres told me to run them between 40 and 42psi, knowing full well the wheels and tyres in question (standard Sportivo rims & 225R17 Yoko SDrive), then jump on here and nobody seems to be running much more than 38.

36psi is about the norm for sedans at the size of the Aurion with a reasonably tall sidewall tyre. 40-42psi is too high and it will wear the centres.

Unless you're carrying a full load I.e. 4 passengers + luggage on a trip somewhere.

Hey Mste,

Hey there,

very late reply i know , but thanks.

and man i love your car!

very sexy!

no drama's but anywhere around 36-38psi is the magic number & haha thanks mate :)

36psi is about the norm for sedans at the size of the Aurion with a reasonably tall sidewall tyre. 40-42psi is too high and it will wear the centres.

Unless you're carrying a full load I.e. 4 passengers + luggage on a trip somewhere.

Actually the more travelling you do in one hit increases tyre heat and pressures, so there is no need to increase pressures.