2zzge AE82 sedan conversion

CHA54

so wheres the shift light goin:P

Built into the tach, see the three LED's there? ;)

Where 11,12 and 13000rpm are on a Honda tacho :P

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorted the T25 collector and fuel rail today. did some slight mods to the collector so it fits the T25 profile nicely, I didn't flatten the sides as I plan to port the turbo inlet flange to match the collector. Made up a 1/4" NPT bung to weld onto the fuel rail to convert it to return-style with a 90deg -6 full flow elbow. I'll make an alloy hardline to go from the return fitting to the fuel pressure regulator that will be mounted on the end of the head towards the firewall.

AE82_70.JPG

AE82_71.JPG

AE82_72.JPG

AE82_73.JPG

Finished off the fuel rail with a -6 weld on fitting today, then cleaned up and sat the spare intake plenum in place, cleaned up the cam cover and proceeded to stuff up the application of VHT wrinkle paint :P

Nozzle blocked halfway through the first coat and then after removal and cleaning I managed to damage the seal in the top of the can and it ended up ****** paint everywhere and wasn't easy to get even thick coats onto the cover. I'm happy enough with how the red wrinkle looks so will strip the paint off, get another can and refinish it...

Plenum is just sitting in place at the moment, I still have to tap a 1/8" NPT hole in it somewhere for the intake air temp sensor.

AE82_74.JPG

AE82_75.JPG

AE82_76.JPG

AE82_77.JPG

Got the rest of the return fuel system sorted this afternoon, mounted a turbosmart FPR800 on a custom bracket and bent up some 3/8 alloy hardline and flared it with some -6 AN tube fittings to connect the reg to rail.

AE82_78.JPG

AE82_79.JPG

de-honda'd the cam cover, took ages to strip the wrinkle paint from all the crevises... Also pressure tested the fuel rail and found a pinhole leak at the weld-on AN fitting so fixed that up and gave it a coat of satin black VHT.

Some pics from a few different angles showing clearances etc

AE82_80.JPG

AE82_81.JPG

AE82_82.JPG

AE82_83.JPG

AE82_84.JPG

more stuff arrived, progress should be faster now.

Laser cutting order all done, got a heap of 2zz exhaust, T25 turbine inlet and exhaust, cluster bezel and 2jz flanges cut, also reveived another shipment from MWR with bosch 525cc injectors and a waterpump.

AE82_87.JPG

AE82_88.JPG

Edited by CHA54

More pics...

Bezel and Gauges sittiing in cluster face:

AE82_89.JPG

Bosch Combo 3bar Map/Intake Air Temp sensor and NGK AFX Wideband:

AE82_95.JPG

Turbo position in bay:

AE82_90.JPG

AE82_91.JPG

AE82_92.JPG

AE82_93.JPG

AE82_94.JPG

made a start on the manifold after work today, I've repositioned the turbo slightly to make installation easier and used a holesaw to recess the steampipe into the flange by 4mm which will make porting from oval to round neater.

Turbo flange is lined up to the center of the exhaust ports, so the manifold will end up as a symetrical ram-horn style:

AE82_96.JPG

AE82_97.JPG

AE82_98.JPG

AE82_99.JPG

AE82_100.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Manifold's fully welded and ported now, got a couple of tight spots finished off by Craig at Extreme Custom Engineering in Archerfield as I couldn't get my standard tig torch in to weld it properly.... next purchase will be a weldcraft WP-50 micro torch :)

Also made a start on the radiator, using an AE101 china radiator custom-mounted with the inlet and outlet relocated. Undecided on what thermofans I'll be using but probably a set of WRX fans with integral shrouds. I've got the radiator mounted as far forward as possible.

AE82_104.JPG

AE82_105.JPG

AE82_106.JPG

AE82_107.JPG

AE82_108.JPG

modded the radiator today to suit the 2zz engine, machined up new 34mm inlet/outlets to weld onto the end tanks, chopped off the old ones, plated off the holes and welded the new ones in place:

AE82_109.JPG

AE82_110.JPG

Radiator hoses should be fairly easy using bits of chopped up silicone hose and alloy hardline in between:

AE82_111.JPG