What is the best car you have ever driven?

Steve

A few years back but two were the best for me, a track prepped Maserati Shamal, so much power it would go sideways before it went forward...

A Aus delivered Skyline R32, can't fault this car, cherished by the owner and it showed

• 2 weeks later...

i build gearboxes and diffs at work, you can imagine the beasts we get to drive ;) , i like driving the rotaries! got to drive a bathurst spec series 7 rx7 the other day, few months ago we had a 20b turbo rx5 that nearly pulled the front wheels off the ground every time u feathered the accelerator haha,

• 2 months later...

best car i'd probably driven so far is the XR6T BF series. just pulls...

the fastest car i've been in is johnnieboi's cousin's worked STI. fcken scared me he got 370kw at all wheels and scared the **** outta me going from 0-1XX in like er... 5 seconds i lost count becuz of the g-force LOL

My sisters clk amg merc 2 door coupe and then her BMW M3 Individual soft top. Unfortunatly never got to drive my brother in laws H2 Hummer or his RR silver cloud, guess who gave me my Camry??

Ford Saleen Mustang (1992 fox body) = old school I know, but a dead set beast... or a 1987 Buick Grand National (shockingly the fastest production car that year).... or 1993 GMC Typhoon.....

all were my favorites as a kid and I would look for em as an adult and test drive them, wish I could import one or all, I encourage all or you to look em up, Yankee classics!

My LJ Torana, loved every bit of her, took me 2 years to complete

V6 Chev, Turbo 350 trans with 3500 stall, 9 inch diff and all the go fast gear

12 sec flat 1/4 mile time on street tyres

• 3 months later...

I'd be very p.ssed if a workshop has staff taking my car for joyrides and then abusing it. I've seen $$$$$ engine builds get f..ked because some apprentice decides to take it out for joyrides.

Let us know where you work.

i build gearboxes and diffs at work, you can imagine the beasts we get to drive wink.gif , i like driving the rotaries! got to drive a bathurst spec series 7 rx7 the other day, few months ago we had a 20b turbo rx5 that nearly pulled the front wheels off the ground every time u feathered the accelerator haha,

wow im jealous

thats some nice cars you guys have driven. that makes the best cars i have driven pretty feeble.

the best car i ever have driven is a 100 series landcruiser turbo diesel i just love them :toast:

landcruisers are my all time favorite car.

I drive all different cars for work...

I would say the one that was the most memorable was the Rolls Royce I drove in to work to change the tires. Around $5,000 each :blink:

Other than that, I like the Mercedes CLS and S classes. Like the comfort and quietness of the rides.

Driven - My Brother's modified '97 Supra Twin Turbo was nice but too quick for the street IMO, and his new stock 370Z is possibly "nicer".

I have been driven in a 1970's Lotus Esprit which was VERY nice too.

I've sat in the Lexus LFA and heard it but never driven in one.

• 3 months later...

For me it was,

A bathurst spec L34 torana.

This thing was so wild it could lift the front wheels off the road.

No nanny abs vsc air bags electronics rubbish in this beast.

To drive this car , was to make sure you stayed focused on keeping in control , especially in the rain.

Looking forward to the TRD 86 and STI brz .They look like they might be as exciting to drive.

So far i have driven various subarus, a few corollas, a commonwhore and a few paddock bashers.

Must say Ive had the most fun in the paddock basher Mitsubishi Sigma Ive got. Was my mums first car till the motor popped. My dad then rebuilt the motor, chucked in a manual box. Drove it around till about 2002 and parked it for 3 years. Started it up first go and drove it a few hours to a mates farm and its lasted ever since!

Revs out happily to 7k RPMs and pops flames out of the headers (rest of the zorst fell off) which causes problems in summer :P

Blown shockies, scraping sump on big bumps. because stance car.

Rubber steering wheel which rips your thumbs off, doesnt help that there is no power steering... lol

Has rust holes everywhere, and apparently you can see the roof twisting and bending if youre driving behind it! hahaha

Best fun. So many memories were had, and will be had. (also skids.)

Heres a pic of the bonnet... yeah its kinda rusty. hahaha

imgp5609k.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Close second is my AE82, wouldn't trade the car for anything... :)

Edited by 4ABHGE

loving the paddy basher!! i have one me self, it an old school rolla, not sure what model or series but no windows, no zorst, bald tyres, rust everywhere but its the best fun:D its also a 5 speed manual that has to be push started haha

the best car i have ever driven is a 420KW atw BMW M3 Supercharged by G-Power with Remus Exhaust and Full Carbon Fibre Body. I would upload some pics of the car but cbf so i found a look alike on google lol

bmw-m3-gpower-200mph_ZEqqg_5965.jpg

looks almost the same except it has M3 GTS wheels and is alpine white.

VERY VERY quick car for your P's :spiteful:

Haven't driven many 'sports' cars.

But the best car I've had/driven was my first car. 2001 mitsubishi lancer, 4 door sedan 1.8l...

Darwin had heaps of dirt roads and I used to thrash the thing on them on the weekends... Nothing like a car that's worth nothing, never breaks down and is just infinite fun.

Dirt drifting FWD FTW.

Still young here... best car I've driven is probably a MY12 Accord Euro Base Model 6sp manual..

Also driven:

MY12 Yaris YR 3 Door Hatch Automatic

2008/9 shape Yaris YR 3 Door Hatch Automatic

2001 Lancer MR 2 Door Coupe 5sp Manual

2008 Corolla Ascent 4 dr Sedan Automatic

To be continued... :blush: