Aurion with High KMs

sloutch

Hi all,

i am looking at buying a used Toyota Aurion. I have quite a tight budget at the moment and therefore i will be looking at something that will cost between $15k-$18k. Aurions in that price range will have about 70,000kms to 100,000kms.

Just wondering how many of you have Aurions with really high mileage and not have any problems such as engine issues, jerky gear shifts, interior panels rattling.

Thanks!

Hi all,

i am looking at buying a used Toyota Aurion. I have quite a tight budget at the moment and therefore i will be looking at something that will cost between $15k-$18k. Aurions in that price range will have about 70,000kms to 100,000kms.

Just wondering how many of you have Aurions with really high mileage and not have any problems such as engine issues, jerky gear shifts, interior panels rattling.

Thanks!

Toyota's are a very durable, reliable car and in theory they should not have any problems. Just make sure you check the service history, logbooks, etc.... If everything is 100% in that department, then that car should be a good buy. Take a couple for a test drive at that price range to get a rough idea on whats out there.

My '07 Aurion has just ticked over the 100,000km mark and still going strong. No major issues, just a few interior rattles all of which you're just as likely to find on one with 50,000kms. Only 10,000kms into its second set of tyres, and the factory brake rotors have only just become necessary for machining/replacing.

My TRD is up to 110,000km. Considering the engine and gearbox experiences more stress due to the supercharger, it's still running smoothly and there isn't really anything out of the ordinary with it.

At work, we recently handed in an Aurion ATX back to the lease company (lease was up) and picked up a new Aurion to replace it.

The old ATX (standard white plain jane 2008 model) left us when it had 127,000 or so kms on it. The only thing we ever had wrong with it was a slight water leak in the boot area and a faulty glove box latch. Nothing really really major though. Even at that many k's on the clock, and it having multiple drivers with different driving styles, it was still running like a dream when we handed it back. The exterior and interior just looked a bit tired from the normal wear and tear.

Oh.. the RAC was called for assistance once, only because the numpty driving it at the time was too slack to pull into a gas station to fill it up.

I think if the vehicle has a full service history, is accident free and checks out mechanically, you should be fine. It's not too far fetched to say you'll probably get at least another 5 years of trouble free motoring out of it.

At the rate we're going, you're probably better off worrying about how much petrol is going to cost in 5 years :P . My money is on $3++ a litre for unleaded.

Cheers,

BB

lol when i first read the headline of this thread running through my mind was cars with 200 plus kms. 70,000-100,000kms is only just past the worn in stage for a Toyota.

Thanks everyone for their great replies. Just wondering, the engine doesn't use a timing belt that requires changing at 100,000kms does it?

The engine uses a metal chain belt for it's timing belt. Doubt you need to replace that.

Edited by A Buff Hamster

Thanks everyone for their great replies. Just wondering, the engine doesn't use a timing belt that requires changing at 100,000kms does it?

Nope, it uses a timing chain. Refer to a previous discussion here.

Cheers,

BB

Edited by Beep Beep

Aurions in that price range will have about 70,000kms to 100,000kms.

Thanks!

with this much KMs, its highly unlikely you will have any problems..

LOL Does this mean the higher the KMs the lesser the problems i will experience with the ca

LOL Does this mean the higher the KMs the lesser the problems i will experience with the ca

We all wish this was the case.

Sorry for the confusion, its unlikely you will have problems with a used Aurion that has done around 70K-100K KMs

If you maintain it well e.g. servicing etc, you should be able to get good milage out of it.

The best thing to do is have the vehicle inspected before purchasing. :)

well heres a tribute to the aurion prodigy 204 ks the best car i have ever owned just tyres and servicing drove my friends new commodore the other day we swaped for a couple of hours i thenk he regrets the purchase of his commodore so if the service hisstory is ok just go and buy one there a great car (my previous car was a 2000 lexus gs 300 with full history) NEVER AGAIN U MENTION THE WORD LEXUS AND SAY HERES MY WALLET JUST TELL ME WHEN U NEED SOME MORE MONEY

well heres a tribute to the aurion prodigy 204 ks the best car i have ever owned just tyres and servicing drove my friends new commodore the other day we swaped for a couple of hours i thenk he regrets the purchase of his commodore so if the service hisstory is ok just go and buy one there a great car (my previous car was a 2000 lexus gs 300 with full history) NEVER AGAIN U MENTION THE WORD LEXUS AND SAY HERES MY WALLET JUST TELL ME WHEN U NEED SOME MORE MONEY

Reading this was a nightmare, buddy. Please be grammitcally correct for easier reference.

Reading this was a nightmare, buddy. Please be grammitcally correct for easier reference.

:g: hrmmm i think what he's trying to say the costs of maintaining a lexus is expensive .?

Reading this was a nightmare, buddy. Please be grammitcally correct for easier reference.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm grammar police

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm grammar police there everywhere

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm grammar police there everywhere

Well don't expect to get proper replies if you ever ask a question then because to be honest, no one is going to bother trying to help you if you can't simply type English.