Member's Professions(qualified and unqualified)

theDefiant1

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi to all, new member

I,m a qualified toyota technician with a regional victorian toyota dealership.

Did the factory training on the prius recently and came home and bought a brand new one. love it, do yourself a favour and buy one. no I,m not biased as I,ve worked in dealerships for all makes and models but always loved and beleived in the toyota product, build quality, design etc. looked at all cars in the economy class that can carry 5 iun comfort and came back to the prius and no regrets. Just put first tank through it from new and averaged 52mpg with mostly highway driving, some of it @ 130kmh + so imagine it will only get better when run in and running around town. If anyone wants/needs advise i,m happy to oblige as time permits. Have the official factory technical manuals for the prius and have access to all others as required and as i say happy to help where possible.

regards camfam5

hi all......

seems you all have the usual car mod qualifications as well as the usual "add on's".........so i'm not gunna bother with that crap as i know how to do all that.......here's what i'm qualified to do.....bearing in mind i'm 36..

*qualified small engine mechanic with 18 years in the industry

*aircraft engineering degree...also worked on some VERY interesting aircraft including a few GENUINE WW2 warbirds that defended australia's freedom

*diesel fitter..a REAL one not those crappy "underwear" ones

*industrial spray painter

*auto electrician with a speciality in repairing/rebuilding alternators and starter motors

*professional heavy vehicle driver (HEAVY trucks 12 tonne and up and the like) this is my daily job

*machinery operator

*professional dj/sound engineer/entertainer with 15 years experience

*aircraft pilot

cheers

Lucida is a professional full time student. Seven years at uni and onto my 3rd degree. Boo for HECS.

Leroy admires your academic ability.

Currently Leroy is in his 5th year of uni, and hasn't finished his first degree. He is also failing uni this semester...

Which means he may have to follow in the footsteps of Tony.

Tony dances for peanuts.

Now something different to all the IT and mechanics on here:

I genetically modify viruses :spiteful:

Got my UQ B.Biotech with Honours Class I back in 2004

Am now finishing my PhD on molecular virology at the end of the year. My research work is on developing a novel Flavivirus DNA vaccine. Flaviviruses includes: West Nile, Japanese encephalitis, dengue, and yellow fever (for dave :P). This work has recently been published in a very high impact international journal; for those in the field you can find it here: Nature Biotechnology (2008) 26:571-7.

May work for a large pharma like Pfizer or GSK next year, or work with stem cells (not sure yet)

Guess I won't be of much help to most of the members here, but if you want some advice/info on viruses (the real ones :P), vaccines, and stem cells, feel free to PM me, as Mish has done so already regarding the flu vaccine.

David

Edited by DHC09

• 2 weeks later...
Am now finishing my PhD on molecular virology at the end of the year. My research work is on developing a novel Flavivirus DNA vaccine. Flaviviruses includes: West Nile, Japanese encephalitis, dengue, and yellow fever (for dave :P). This work has recently been published in a very high impact international journal; for those in the field you can find it here: Nature Biotechnology (2008) 26:571-7.

Guess I won't be of much help to most of the members here, but if you want some advice/info on viruses (the real ones :P), vaccines, and stem cells, feel free to PM me, as Mish has done so already regarding the flu vaccine.

David

Impressive. You forgot to mention it's in Issue Number 5 :)

David

Impressive. You forgot to mention it's in Issue Number 5 :)

:D and also made the cover ;)

largecover.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

About time i start postin again so here we go:

I hold a diploma in Children's Services, im currently working as a group leader full time.

Im studying my advanced diploma in Children's Services part-time.

I also have my Real Estate sale cert and a cert 1 in gel nails

Amanda

currently, i work for an insurance company doing payments/reconciliations

although im only 20, here's what i've done so far

managed a cbd cafe in spencer st DFO for a year

pizza delivery driver for a month (before i quit)

cleaned meatroom at safeway for 2.5 years throughout high school

Edited by lateralus

i work for an insurance company doing payments/reconciliations

can i provide me a lower insurance rate?

haha, nice try. i cant even get my old man cheaper insurance, the company are tight****s :P

Hello. I design software and lead a team of developers making enterprise systems. And yes, Toyota is one of our customers. :-)

Unfortunately, my job takes up most of my time and the only other passions I have are my wife and my car, although I do very different activities with both (but I do use a long nozzle to fill both up with liquid).

Edited by TRD Aurion Owner

Currently working as a Auto Electrical Installer, looking for something else but still car related (anybody know of any positions available in South QLD? :)) I've got skills in metal and wood fabrication, general handyman-ness, a Diploma in Electrical Engineering/Electrotechnology and have done a course on small motors.

I've also crewed for Brett Stevens Racing for the Spring Nationals and worked with BMW doing the BMW Driver Training out at Willowbank.

Edited by the_random_hero

Current:

Finance Officer - CQU Gold Coast (1 1/2 year)

PT student - QUT Bach of Business (Accounting & Electronic Commerce)

Helping out in the family business over the weekends

Basketball - Runcorn 2nd Div Open Mens Weds & Sunday

Previous:

Tax Accoountant - 2 years

FT sudent..

Waitering...

Looking into getting into managerial position when I finish my degree because that is where my actual strength lies... LOL (yeah yeah I know I know lol...)

:lol: :P LoL another for the I.T group

currently studying full time B Computing, majoring Info Sys.. i have completed TAFE certs. III & IV in Systems admin & support..

working part-time in a completely different field tho, as a store manager for Nando's Chicken Restaurant..

Where do I start??

Landscaper/Gardner (4 years experience)

Youth worker (11 years experience)

Basketball player & coach (20 years experience)

Musician ( play percussian; bongos/congos etc etc; 4 years experience)

Bus driver ( 3 years experience)

Car Detailer/ Show car preparation ( 20 years experience)

Fleet Maintainence/ Mechanic ( 3 years experience)

Modifying cars / Parts fitment / Customising( as long as I've been alive!!)

Crowd control/ event security (6 years experience)

4WD Safari Tour Guide (2 years experience)

So at last count you are at least 73 years old and still have your memories. Well done......

Personally at 40ish I'm RETIRED. Full time wife and mother, Share trader, Artist - will teach folk art and decorative painting.

Other experience - Secretarial. Catering. Proof reading. Jewellery making. Wedding planning.

Edited by kiwis rose