Member's Professions(qualified and unqualified)

theDefiant1

I'm currently working for ASUS in Brisbane repairing Laptops, PDAs, LCD monitors, and Desktop PCs.

I can help with most home/small business IT problems after hours including repairs, builds/rebuilds and basic training for PCs.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

WORKED IN CATERING 3 YEARS , DELIVERY DRIVER 13 YEARS, CABBIE 4 YEARS, CABBIE OWNER 5 YEARS. COMPULSIVE AUTO FIDDLER ( DONT LOOK GOOD AT MY AGE ) OR DOES IT ??? OH AND PART TIME DAD (DUE TO STATUS)

ANYONE NEEDING TRANSPORT IN HOBART GIVE ME A YELL.

Edited by scootastaxisx6

By day:

Finance Manager. Manage all the financial aspects of a small to medium business. Debtors, creditor, profit & loss, payroll... the works. Qualified Cert III Financial Services.

By night:

DJ: Run a proper nightclub style setup (turntables & vinyl, pair of CD players, etc - none of that laptop & mp3s crap that most other mobile DJs use). Primarily learned in nightclub DJing, playing dance music, but play many genres if necessary. Mostly do mobile work, but also experience playing clubs. Also do a bit of event management/promotion, and currently planning to run regular monthly club nights at one of our local bars. If you need a DJ, I'm your man. Will even travel interstate on weekends for gigs. Light shows also included, or available seperately.

Music Producer: Produce hard dance music. Also a guitarist, and write much of the music and do all of the studio work for my hard rock/metal band. Recently started collaborating as music producer & DJ for a local R'n'B act. Looking to get my record label running soon. If you need music produced or audio engineering work done, PM me.

IT Support/PC Technician: Build & sell custom computers to order, upgrades and repairs, and occasionally bulk buy, refurbish and resell ex-business PCs. Also provide troubleshooting, software and peripheral support, and some networking services. Ship PCs Australia wide.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Currently a fitter and stripper in a panel shop but have done things like re-triming, mechanic, builder, alot of backyard things like motor, gearbox, diff, suspention conversions i have a lil insite into rebuilding motors. I can spray paint, also currently doing some work with a mate in car stereo installs and making custom fiber glass box's and door pods. Quite good at electronics. So yeah ive done a fair bit within the few years. Mostly threw school in subjects.

• 2 months later...

I thought I already posted here but I guess I didn't. Anyways,

As of last week after a change in position, I am now a Field Service Engineer for DOCOMO interTouch.

It's basically a fancy name for a rather simple job (well simple by the way I see it). If you've ever stayed at a hotel that has in-room pay-per-view movies and/or internet, I'm the guy that installs and maintains that stuff. Pretty much involves the setup of Linux/Microsoft based servers, MATV (analogue TV) work including cabling, IPTV integration, network configuration including cabling, and troubleshooting. Troubleshooting is where a lot of time is spent. Being part of the hospitality industry, if things aren't 100%, people like to complain.

Was basically doing the same thing for the last couple of years, but as a contractor. Now I'm actually employed by the company. This now results in less travel but at least the same amount of money. The benefit though is that everything is more stable... and I finally don't have to worry about sorting out my own tax.

On the side, I can do TV and network installations, extra-low and low voltage electrical work (so up to 1000V AC or 1500DC), intermediate mechanical work, and that's about it really.

recently employed as a sales consultant for `Modern, selling solar electricity + hot water :idea:

quite a different direction from what I'm currently studying in IT Networking, but enjoyable non-less as I'm always on the road, driving to and from client appointments... and not to mention pretty decent commission%

but again, still trying to get `my foot in the door with entry level IT positions

Used to work Retail at Myer, selling Digital Camera's and SLR's etc.

Now working IT at Telstra (don't hate me)

Graduated from RMIT, and have a Bachelor of Computer Systems Engineering, so could possibly help with Alarms, Sound Systems etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Professionally:

Photogapher (Dip.)

Licensed Cabler (Open Reg.)

Barman (Rsa)

Security Licence (1A, 1E, 2B)

Unofficially:

Builder (never did my apprenticeship, although continued to work in the industry for my father (a builder/carpenter) for about 9yrs)

Surfboard shaper

Wrench monkey

Carpet layer

Plasterer

Floor/Wall tiler

......................................pretty much most things that require being 'on the tools' or using your hands i can do :)

Registered Chinese Medical (Medicine) Practioner (CMRB since 2008)

Acupuncturist/Chinese Medical Herbalist/Masseur (qualified)

Graduated @ RMIT 2007, Practicing now in St. Albans, Melbourne.

***Anyone's got back problems/sleep problems/stress/anxiety and everything in between, give acupuncture a go!***

Other Stuff

I also fix/build computers on the side just as a hobby (unqualified) :P

Learning about my car when time allows me :)

Fish n Chip delivery during the night (helping out the old folks)

didnt want to tell anyone that i sell new toyotas on the forum because im here because i actually love toyotas and custom cars etc not for the sake of trying to sell new cars. that said if anyone does want a new toyota in sydney you can pm me.

by night i play guitar and sing in a punk/hardcore band.

previous telco worker, landscaper, baker, actor. nothing that exciting.

Used to work at Liquor store for few months, but not anymore. Know a bit about Alcohols, but who here doesn't? :lol: :lol:

Now, Just graduated from Uni.. Due to boredom, I recently got accepted in an education agent, althou this has nothin to do with my major.. Don't think will stay here for long term.. But for now, here I am.

If any of you wanna consult for studies for yourself, children, friends, strangers, or just out of curiosity at any institutes all over Australia, shoot me Pms. No charge. :toast:

I own my own Eagle Boys Store... and il be happy to offer anyone inm the Toyota Owners Club ... Classic Pizzas from $6.95 anytime... !!!

Just mention the club!!.

Its the Malaga store in Perth WA!

is that the one on alexander drive?? if so im always around there! the missus lives in ballajura :P might have to come by sometime for pizza! yeeoow!

anyone give me good prices on toyota parts n brissie? i need $ engine bitsfor the 2zz

4th year sparkie here.

Edited by hAmZ

• 3 weeks later...