What did you do to your car today?

Washed, clayed, polished and waxed my mums Yaris. Aren't I a good son :P

Secretly I was using her car as a guinea pig to try out my new DA Polisher. Worked a treat and alot easier on the arms!! :D

Lol! Brilliant :D When you say DA Polisher, which brand/model exactly are you using?? Very interested in getting one of these for myself.

Decided to skip HID mods for the Aurion and just bought 4000K BlueVision's for normal lights. Fog lights and parkers to follow. If I can be bothered ripping the bumper apart. :P

More like what did my car do for me. My gps started re calculating the route, never did this before. Im guessing its something to do with the new battery which reset most of the options. Its good :lol:

I'm not one for posting when I clean my car, but today has something to talk about apart from the typical clean.

So today... after many many weeks of not having cleaned my car myself (more about that below), I finally took the effort to clean my car inside and out, and give her a wax. Also used up a can of degreaser and gave the engine bay a very thorough cleaning since it got rather dirty over the months of crap weather here. Now she is all pretty again. As it approaches the Annual Meet, the cleaner I make her now, the less effort that will be needed later.

About having someone else clean it, over the last month or so, I have gotten pretty lazy/occupied and had resorted to having the good guys at Hoppy's wash and wax her for me. It sure is nice having someone else do the effort for you :lol:. However it also turned out to rather beneficial. See, a while back I had all these rather fine swirls on the paint which I was dreading having to remove before the National Meet. I was dreading it that much that I was considering having it professionally fixed.

When I took it to Hoppy's and had them wax it, I commented on how shiny she looked and how slick she felt afterwards. I asked which wax they used and it was mentioned that the wax contains a fine cutting compound. I won't mention the brand here just in case. Anyways, I didn't think anything more about it.

Then today when I was waxing her, I noticed that nearly all those swirls were gone. I thought I was seeing things. So yeah... long story short; WIN.

On a side note, the more and more I use Bowden's Own wax, the more and more I love it. That wax is just great. Removal is by far the easiest I've come across.

Picked up the Snoarer from the mechanics yesterday, hip-pocket is $2k lighter but it feels sooooooo good to be able to drive the car properly again without the clutch slipping...

Bought some Polk Audio DB651 6.5" Coaxial speakers and installed them today... God dam it was a pain in the **** to get just 2 speakers in LOL. Had to rip out the seats and plastic covers that don't budge.

Picking up Alpine CDE-125EBTi head unit tomorrow and if Jaycar is open picking up generic speaker grills.. because the Polk ones look homo.

didn't even look at it today...should see if it's still parked in the shed,haven't seen it since friday arvo :blink:

edit 5mins later...yeah still there snoring away peacefully

drove it to work and home and I am disappoint at the air intake... makes a nice note and haven't lost any torque, but with the clamp mount heat shield and the bracket, it keeps slipping off and i'm too lazy to keep fixing...

want to try the K&N Panel Filter with the swiss cheese intake box and cutting the resonator open. Lawrence - i got holidays coming up, come over and help me take my front bumper off and talk me thru it... :P

Yesterday I washed it,clayed it,polished it and left it overnight under a blanket of wax.

Today took the blanket off,soooo smooooth then clayed the rear window and stickered it...

drove it to work and home and I am disappoint at the air intake... makes a nice note and haven't lost any torque, but with the clamp mount heat shield and the bracket, it keeps slipping off and i'm too lazy to keep fixing...

want to try the K&N Panel Filter with the swiss cheese intake box and cutting the resonator open. Lawrence - i got holidays coming up, come over and help me take my front bumper off and talk me thru it... :P

xD pm sent :P

Just bought Trust Greddy GRACER Airinx-II Flat Panel Filter. See if this is better than the K&N panel filter.

Took the front apart for the billionth time yesterday and mounted a Davies Craig 677 transmission cooler.

Getting it plumbed in tomorrow when I get my service done.

Took the front apart for the billionth time yesterday and mounted a Davies Craig 677 transmission cooler.

Getting it plumbed in tomorrow when I get my service done.

only if he says his pleases and thankyou's right though ahahha

Today I had my 75,000KM service completed at my mechanic to keep my three year factory warranty happy. I was amazed at how black the oil was even though I did an oil change my self about 6000KM ago!

AND to really put the icing on the cake. I finally gave it a wash :yahoo:. It had been a month since it's last wash and it was depressing to look at her.

After the wash I gave it a coat of wax applied with my mothers brand buffer and meguiars wax. Then two layers of tyre shine and then a deep vacuum inside everywhere. Everything is perfect now. Got it's service done and also finally got cleaned :D :D

though one thing that sucks is that I do need new tyres by now. The mechanic rotated them for me though they are very close having to be changed all four.

edit:

anyone know where I should put this sticker(best spot):

photo-3.jpg

Took the filters off the 18RG sprayed in a bit of fuel and fired her up!! That is a sound that brings a warm feeling to my heart.

Next I drove it from the side of the house and reversed it into the garage where the Tonner (Now Sold) used to be parked.

Time to begin the journey of stripping it down and getting it ready for the panel and paint it so deserves.

Starting tomorrow the interior comes out and then the bonnet, guards, bumpers, doors and hatch etc.

This car holds a special place in my heart and I am committed to having it totally restored as a tribute to my youngest son Mitchell who tragically passed away earlier this month.

I just wish he was still here to help me finish the Celica that was his inspiration to begin with.

I will try to keep you all up to date with the progress.

Mark

Not what i did to my Aurion but rather the 08 Hilux i drive at work...i rolled it today and wrote it off. :(

my only injuries are i sprained the middle finger on my left hand and i have a good bruise on my ribs,went to the docs and got checked over and alls good,but the Luxie is no more she has a squashed roof,both doors & bonnet don't close and are badly dented,the front bumper came off and snapped in two,both door mirrors are in a million pieces and the windscreen is shattered,dashboard is twisted all in all the poor ole thing is totally rooted. :(

about 15mins after it rolled we pushed her back onto her wheels and 5mins later i got i started with lots of smoke,reminded me of the Hilux on Top Gear that they wrecked,a few guys were amazed i got it going again and it still drove....sort of.