VIC :- Weekly/fortnightly Meet up

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I can see some Bendigo-Ballarat meet's as a possibility in the future

Hahah could do that - haven't been to Ballarat in a while! Aurora would certainly appreciate the cooler temperatures there lol

And to answer your earlier question there are a couple of female drivers now, myself and Barb. Ying is around in Melbourne too, though her partner Michael drove to the BBQ on the weekend. And often girlfriends/female friends tag along too so whilst its mostly guys (who are all a friendly bunch!) you wouldn't be the only girl red97. Both Barb and I are in Bendigo.

Hahah could do that - haven't been to Ballarat in a while! Aurora would certainly appreciate the cooler temperatures there lol

And to answer your earlier question there are a couple of female drivers now, myself and Barb. Ying is around in Melbourne too, though her partner Michael drove to the BBQ on the weekend. And often girlfriends/female friends tag along too so whilst its mostly guys (who are all a friendly bunch!) you wouldn't be the only girl red97. Both Barb and I are in Bendigo.

So long as someone guides me in Ballarat then, coz I have no idea, very easy to get lost for me seeing as how I don't usually see the town. Now that would be rather comical, if youself, Tash, Barb and I headed to Ballarat and met with red97 then I'd be the only guy, outnumbered 3 to 1 :o Actually if you count Abby, Aurora and Luna.........And Abby would love the cooler temps as well :D

So long as someone guides me in Ballarat then, coz I have no idea, very easy to get lost for me seeing as how I don't usually see the town. Now that would be rather comical, if youself, Tash, Barb and I headed to Ballarat and met with red97 then I'd be the only guy, outnumbered 3 to 1 :o Actually if you count Abby, Aurora and Luna.........And Abby would love the cooler temps as well :D

Hahah yeah, I'd be relying on Ken (the GPS - its the name of the Aussie voice lol) to tell me where to go! That would be a change, a TOCAU meeting where the girls outnumbered the guys :lol: Poor Aurora doesn't like the heat, having the air con on sucks her power :( Bring on Autumn and Winter!!

Of course not!

Everybody is welcome to come biggrin.gif

If anything, we want more people to show up tongue.gif

Awesome! Thanks!

oh, I do have another question! Are there any other female drivers at all?? In the photos at the top, I couldn't see any! haha :unsure:

we getting there! but heaps of female coupled with the drivers... u know what its like. the boys drive and the girls bitch LOL joking :P ***hides from lauren***

-Yay! that would be great! There really isn't a lot of good toyota's up here! (I mean, other than the 2 Supra's that get around a bit)

-Wow! ok! haha it's good to know I'm not the only girl on here!

All is welcome, its nice to see girls taking part in the car scene/culture, breaks up the monotony of being around guys all the time, not that anything is wrong with that.. :whistling: :P

A little daunting to think I will be the only girl there, but it's cool!

Hey everyone

yes I'm the girl Tash was talking about Red97 :)

I hope I can go as much meet as possible same time it depend on how the days turn out, since I'm busy aswell, thou I try my best to attend the meets :D

i think Tash covers all on the BBQ we had last Sunday :) btw it was nice meeting you Tash and Barb :)

hopeful to see u at your meet at your end soon

Hey everyone

yes I'm the girl Tash was talking about Red97 :)

I hope I can go as much meet as possible same time it depend on how the days turn out, since I'm busy aswell, thou I try my best to attend the meets :D

i think Tash covers all on the BBQ we had last Sunday :) btw it was nice meeting you Tash and Barb :)

hopeful to see u at your meet at your end soon

It was very nice to meet you too Ying :) Sorry we didn't stay much longer after you got there but we needed to get back to Bendigo.

Would be great if you can make it at the end of this month!

Hey fellas

Was thinking about the meet we had two weeks or so back and how difficult it was to keep everyone together even though we were on the free and i know some of you have a walkie talkie/two way radio. What specifications are these radios? thinking of getting one myself and if anyone else wants one that would be great. A lot easier to keep in a bunch and saves us from tryna find your number while driving, dialing it in, waiting for you to answer etc etc while driving which is very unsafe.

Hey fellas

Was thinking about the meet we had two weeks or so back and how difficult it was to keep everyone together even though we were on the free and i know some of you have a walkie talkie/two way radio. What specifications are these radios? thinking of getting one myself and if anyone else wants one that would be great. A lot easier to keep in a bunch and saves us from tryna find your number while driving, dialing it in, waiting for you to answer etc etc while driving which is very unsafe.

Hey Reece, I've got a Uniden 049SX and it works pretty well - basically the stronger the wattage figure the further they will transmit. Buying a .05 watt one is pretty useless so they need to be at least 1 watt. The box claims to get 6km range but I've found this varies, like on some of the cruises I've been on if I've been towards the back I don't hear the guys at the very front. But its a great way to communicate and usually the message is relayed on by others to make sure everyone gets it.

They'll definitely be handy for the meet up our way so if you can pick one up that'd be awesome :) There seem to be a lot of Uniden's on Ebay but ***** Smith, Harvey Norman, Autobarn etc etc all sell them.

Thanks tash! I should of editted my first post and said "hey fellas, and ladies" ahha

how many channels is it? And ok i will look for a radio by that cruise with a high wattage!

edit! Found this!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/UNIDEN-UH047sx-UHF-CB-HANDHELD-NEW-/330525810359?pt=AU_Electronics_Radio_Equipment&hash=item4cf4df9eb7

get on it! seems to be real cheap. probably because it only comes with one?

Edited by private number

Thanks tash! I should of editted my first post and said "hey fellas, and ladies" ahha

how many channels is it? And ok i will look for a radio by that cruise with a high wattage!

edit! Found this!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/UNIDEN-UH047sx-UHF-CB-HANDHELD-NEW-/330525810359?pt=AU_Electronics_Radio_Equipment&hash=item4cf4df9eb7

get on it! seems to be real cheap. probably because it only comes with one?

Mine's 40 channels, but there are a couple in that range reserved for emergency use.

That looks alright but if you can go for one that has rechargeable batteries, as it'll come with a base station to recharge them as well as the earphones if you prefer to use it that way :) I also take along some spare AA batteries in case the rechargeables run out but the rechargeables are great, have saved me a lot of money instead of buying batteries for it all the time.

• 1 month later...

Naa... The meet is usually at the same place and time unless told otherwise, but they always announce it here before the actual meet.

Keep an eye on this thread.