worst part of the aurion

cranky

The Aurion must be due for an update , some time in 2009 perhaps ?

Hopefully Toyota improve the series II Aurion , for example either provide a dimmer for the centre console lighting or use a less powerfull globe ; and iron out all the dashboard rattle issues that many here keep mentioning.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fwd or rwd is irrelevant to everyday drivers. 99.99% of everyday driving is in straight lines, in which fwd and rwd would make no different to performance. so who cares!

i've only ever driven a zr6 sportivo once on a 30min test drive, and my first impressions was that it was a fabulous car that would meet every requirement i have. i don't have any complaints. second impression was that i needed to change my undies after a hard 40-70 acceleration...

The rattle really annoys me and I wish for better handling. Everything else doesn't bother me.

the aurion is based on the lexus gs series which is rwd but yes no manual

GS is on a larger platform

ES is based on Camry (judging from wheelbase and engine)

I agree with tekkyy. As far as I know AURION is known as chinese CAMRY in other countries.

It shares almost every parts of camry. So is LEXUS ES series. GS must be based on different platform.

I would have to say the gear shifting lag comes in at number one. Second up is the steering to the left issue that needs to be taken elsewhere to get fixed. Speaking of which though, that should be fixed in my car soon as Santa was nice enough to give me a voucher to fix it up at Fulcrum.

about the steering to the left issue, i took my aurion to a bridgestone shop in melbourne when i was there and the guy said that it pulls to the left baceuse of something to do with my tires and the grooves or something. i dont really understand what he was talking about but i thought i would try to explain the best i can. sorry.

about the steering to the left issue, i took my aurion to a bridgestone shop in melbourne when i was there and the guy said that it pulls to the left baceuse of something to do with my tires and the grooves or something. i dont really understand what he was talking about but i thought i would try to explain the best i can. sorry.

Well, sometimes the tyres have uneven wear / irregular wear on it - This is commonly seen as slanted ridges on the threads of the tyres and brought about by improper alignment, which can exacerbate the pulling issue. So, Which came first? The chicken or the Egg?

Well, sometimes the tyres have uneven wear / irregular wear on it - This is commonly seen as slanted ridges on the threads of the tyres and brought about by improper alignment, which can exacerbate the pulling issue. So, Which came first? The chicken or the Egg?

Well as we speak, Fulcrum have my Aurion and are changing the front-rear control arm bushes with the offset type as mentioned in the thread:

Wheel alignment specs

Remember, I have had a Toyota wheel alignment before which has not corrected the issue, so I will post back with the results when I get it back this afternoon.

I reckon that the pulling issue is caused by this (otherwise I wouldn't be spending money on this), and then any extra tire wear is the result of it, which then creates that snowball effect.

superproal0.th.jpg

Well as we speak, Fulcrum have my Aurion and are changing the front-rear control arm bushes with the offset type as mentioned in the thread:

Wheel alignment specs

Remember, I have had a Toyota wheel alignment before which has not corrected the issue, so I will post back with the results when I get it back this afternoon.

I reckon that the pulling issue is caused by this (otherwise I wouldn't be spending money on this), and then any extra tire wear is the result of it, which then creates that snowball effect.

superproal0.th.jpg

about the wheel allignment, i have had it done twice by two seperate companies within 2-3 weeks of eachother and it improves the pulling issue a little but then after a couple of days it goes worse again

I have the completely opposite issue. My steering wheel pulls slightly to the right....but it is not severe enough for me to spend money to fix it.

about the problem not being severe enough to spend money to fix it, i need it fixed because if i let go of the steering wheel it pulls hard and i will be in a gutter in 1 second, so i think it is pretty severe

• 2 weeks later...
The worst thing about the Aurion i find is no manual option. I have always have manual cars and at the moment really missing a clutch.

Just gotta let the electronics do the work for you. You'll get used to it over time. At least the drive is really smooth.

• 1 year later...

I got my Aurion on the weekend, and showed the inlaws on Saturday and my parents on Sunday. Both Dads commented on the fact that the power window switches dont have lights to show you where they are. I guess their position would just become habit, but for people who are unfamiliar with it...

I got my Aurion on the weekend, and showed the inlaws on Saturday and my parents on Sunday. Both Dads commented on the fact that the power window switches dont have lights to show you where they are. I guess their position would just become habit, but for people who are unfamiliar with it...

LOL. it is funny what bugs different people. Having even a light there would probably bug the crap out of me, my eyes are very sensitive. At night, the less inside light there is the better and safer you are.

So they liked it then? <_<

the shizen smell thats comes out of the vent without AC on :(

speaking of aircon... does anyone get foggy windows without the aircon on when its not even that cold? on the front windscreen.

i remember this was a problem in the old 91 camry.

yes that happens to me to!

+1. Add me to that list. Confusing aye :S. Wonder what causes it.

I love my car so not much to b!tch about... :)

not keen on the foot park brake and IMO the stock headlights (low beam) SUCK!!! could be much brighter/better.

and not really and issue for me but can see how no folding rear seat would be a pain for some owners.

• - The amount of creaking plastic on the interior. Quiet when it's cold, but on a walmer day, things expand and start rattling and creaking. I thought they had adressed this issue in the facelifted models :angry:
  • - No instantaneous fuel usage
  • - Very poor low beam

The front is too big, and the back bumper looks like you can fit a whale in there. Those two are my biggest turn offs.

What seems like a turn off to you is definitely a + to me.. :lol:

I like the fat Aurion look for both the front and back. It's such a turn on, especially on dark colour, not sure with bright colours.

Back to the - things

- As I mentioned million times, inferior interior quality if compared to the camry of asian version, leading to rattles.

- No folding rear seat

- OEM GPS can't play DVD.

- Passengers seat not as adjustable as the drivers.

- OEM GPS can't play DVD.

this sh!ts me the most about the car... considering the unit is *basically* the same unit in the lexus, and the lexus can play dvd's, its just poor form from toyota... technology was just sitting there and they chose to go and use a sh!t unit!! ugh...

Worst part - hmmm - nothing that comes to mind. Stereo and low-beam were both pretty dodgy but $540 fixed that with the new head unit and osram nitebreakers, for another $1800 I fixed the handling too with some new tyres and wheels and a strut tower bar so now I can't think of anything that bothers me about it. In fact I can't understand why anyone would buy a Falcodore or even an S350 Mercedes for an extra $200k over an Aurion.

The front is too big, and the back bumper looks like you can fit a whale in there. Those two are my biggest turn offs.

What seems like a turn off to you is definitely a + to me.. :lol:

I like the fat Aurion look for both the front and back. It's such a turn on, especially on dark colour, not sure with bright colours.

I guess its that the sportivo models have the body kit to show it off so the back doesn't look so empty.