2010 TOCAU ANNUAL NATIONAL MEET- SHOW AND SHINE RESULTS ARE UP

Ok time to fess up,i've known this for a couple of days now and i was hoping the situation might change but it's pretty rock solid now.

I will NOT be attending the annual meet in Sydney :( i'm really miserable/shattered about the decision not to go,but family comes first.

p.s i'm really really annoyed i wont be there.... :angry:

ohhhhh dude....was really looking forward to meeting you and seeing the car....eveyone seems to be bailing on the event...if accom wasnt paid for i may have re-considered now

not even the slightest chance? because next meet is in bris id imagine and im pretty sure your not going to drive up here so wont ever put a face to username i guess :(

EDIT: and now guan isnt coming to bris to drive with us............:( dissapointment for you both

Edited by ELEGNT

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry Rowan i've looked at so many different ways to try and make it happen but i can't. :(

Totally gutted i'm going to miss this meet because you are right about driving to QLD for the next one,thats definately an airplane gig.

p.s if your ever in Melbourne give me a call and we can hook up. :)

Sorry Rowan i've looked at so many different ways to try and make it happen but i can't. :(

Totally gutted i'm going to miss this meet because you are right about driving to QLD for the next one,thats definately an airplane gig.

bullcrap, you can drive 2000kms :P

bullcrap, you can drive 2000kms :P

and back = 4000km's...and for a weekend,nah i would rather fly,i'm no Super Daryl. ;)

You can send ur car over by truck and you go there by airplane. :)

Next year in QLD? Movie World ? xD

Edited by VF-X

Oh no Lee!!! :( What a shame you can't make it, but I totally understand, family does come first. I hope all is okay :)

And oi - who bumped me off the Hooters attendance list???? I will just add myself again :lol:

M_M

BG Pete

andrew357

DJKOR

Northy

SuperDave

trentmeyer23 & Nicole

Captain Awesome (aka 'Wheels')

ELEGNT

sikwitit

Cappuccino aka Will

Ingres

VF-X (Maybe !!!)

Tash

At this rate, I'll be using my Honda i-VTEC powered Jetski...

Aquatrax_R-12X_Honda.jpg

Ohhh and Will, it may look like I'll need to hitch a ride with ya mate... =|

Circumstances literally beyond my control...

Edited by DreadAngel

So who's going from Melbourne or Victoria other than Tash, Dread, Trent and Myself?

Am I seriously driving up there myself on Friday??

So who's going from Melbourne or Victoria other than Tash, Dread, Trent and Myself?

Am I seriously driving up there myself on Friday??

I'd say so! Although if you're heading back on the Tuesday (the 15th) I can join you for a bit of the way :)

Around this time tomorrow, although probably a little later, I will be in Sydney! :D Just going to take my time and enjoy the drive up there :)

FML! The meet is just a stones throw away and I just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time:

Oh damn. Long story short, some guy in a van decides to reverse back to overtake the bus he was stuck behind (dropping off/picking up passengers), I was unfortunately right behind him and he failed to see me. His tow bar/ball went right into my bumper. The time it took for me to react, the car didn't engage into reverse quick enough.

At least it was lucky that I was in neutral at the time of impact with my foot off the brakes. I guess the damage isn't much, but damage is damage. Plus sorting it out is going to be an epic pain in the a**. If I pursue it with insurance, I will be dropping it off for assessment and repair on the 15th of June (could have dropped it off earlier, but the meet is awfully close), and I can end up without it for a week.

Alternatively, I could seek one of those bumper repair guys that come to you and fix it up in a few hours. This would result in minimal downtime, but will end up in me paying for it.

dsc05957.jpg

Let's say I did choose a on-the-sport repairer, does that look possible to fix (at least fill the crack and paint), and if so, what would you estimate the cost to be?

FML! The meet is just a stones throw away and I just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time:

Oh damn. Long story short, some guy in a van decides to reverse back to overtake the bus he was stuck behind (dropping off/picking up passengers), I was unfortunately right behind him and he failed to see me. His tow bar/ball went right into my bumper. The time it took for me to react, the car didn't engage into reverse quick enough.

At least it was lucky that I was in neutral at the time of impact with my foot off the brakes. I guess the damage isn't much, but damage is damage. Plus sorting it out is going to be an epic pain in the a**. If I pursue it with insurance, I will be dropping it off for assessment and repair on the 15th of June (could have dropped it off earlier, but the meet is awfully close), and I can end up without it for a week.

Alternatively, I could seek one of those bumper repair guys that come to you and fix it up in a few hours. This would result in minimal downtime, but will end up in me paying for it.

dsc05957.jpg

Let's say I did choose a on-the-sport repairer, does that look possible to fix (at least fill the crack and paint), and if so, what would you estimate the cost to be?

I wouldn't risk the quick fix!!!! It will never be the same as a replacement bumper. That is if you can get a replacement but just think how nice it would be to not have stone chips (for a while)!

Do it through insurance, the dumbass needs to pay for being a douche.

That sucks Daryl. I think i might drop another possible bad news bombshell, albeit bad timing. I seems that things have taken a turn for the worse for me too, the supercharger on the Camry is leaking and has a very noticable bearing noise. I am still assessing whether to risk it and bring it for everyone to see or take the safe option and bring the Aurion.

Hey Daryl

JDM sticker it for the meet yo! lol

n then after the meet fix it up through insurance! my 1c

I think you are onto something :lol:

Actually, I was considering (prior to this) putting the tow hook in and utilising that to make a camera mount (like this or this). Then I scrapped the idea since it would detract from the look of the car.

Well I guess now it would probably be the better option.

Hey Daryl

this. i can give u a dgk one to throw on :P

Hey Daryl

this. i can give u a dgk one to throw on :P

dude get the bumper touch up guyds to come out they are mobile. and do a great job, that will be a walk in the park for them man. cost arun 150 odd

Hi everyone!!!

The annual events start in exactly a week!! Yay!! The only thing that's bothering me is all this rain we been having the last 2 weeks it hasn't let up. For those of you who do live in Sydney I'm taking suggestions for an underground place we could have it at in the case of this rain not easing up. Please PM me some possible suggestions so I can call ahead and get the ok first from the venue.

Fingers crossed though we get some sun in the upcoming week. :)

Daryl don't worry bout the little dent I'm sure your taking home a trophy or 2 anyways!!!!

Gosh I'm soooo excited!!!!

Also just a reminder to everyone driving to Sydney to take it easy on the roads as it is double demerits from the end of the week.

And just to tease you all a bit should I show you what my lounge room looks like at present? Should I?????

Fingers crossed though we get some sun in the upcoming week. :)

It will cease to rain on Monday. Then sunny for the rest of the working week. Sunday is looking a bit dodgy, but maybe ok.

Can't seem to think of anywhere that's covered and doesn't use gates these days... hmmm

just throwing some ideas out there...

Just in case it rains:

1. Auburn Reading Cinema's on parra road, not sure if the gates close though. <- best option.

2. Olympic Park, not sure if they have boomgates

3. Auburn police station, yea i know LOL :P , no one goes past level 4, so it's always empty lvl 4-7, but sometimes gates are closed might be a problem

4.Bankstown BIGW?

5. Macq uni carpark :P

Feel free to add more...

Edited by Chrono Trigger