Aurion average fuel consumption approximation

DJKOR

For me the best revs i could get at 70km/h about 1.4k rpm, 80km/h about 1.5k rpm and 90km/h about 1.6k rpm. no idea if that is 5th or 6th gear but i think it's 6th gear.

Satorl893 i managed to get 230km/h on my Aurion before. IIRC reading somewhere the limit was electronically limited to 235km/h

Yeah that is about the same as what I get rev/speed wise. 230km/h! what does it handle like at that speed, pretty flat or floats around a bit, I've only had mine up to about 180km/h and it is surprisingly comfortable, they just feel like they love speed, I am amazed a mine and how quick it can get to 140 or more just overtaking on the highway. I thought they would electronically limit it but 235 is not bad, clearly without the limiter it could do more, the speedo goes to about 260 I think.

For me the best revs i could get at 70km/h about 1.4k rpm, 80km/h about 1.5k rpm and 90km/h about 1.6k rpm. no idea if that is 5th or 6th gear but i think it's 6th gear.

Satorl893 i managed to get 230km/h on my Aurion before. IIRC reading somewhere the limit was electronically limited to 235km/h

Yeah that is about the same as what I get rev/speed wise. 230km/h! what does it handle like at that speed, pretty flat or floats around a bit, I've only had mine up to about 180km/h and it is surprisingly comfortable, they just feel like they love speed, I am amazed a mine and how quick it can get to 140 or more just overtaking on the highway. I thought they would electronically limit it but 235 is not bad, clearly without the limiter it could do more, the speedo goes to about 260 I think.

They (well a 2007 Sportivo SX6) are electronically limited at approximately 255km on the speedo. GPS speed when the speedo is reading that is 245km/h.

That's all the discussion I'm permitting on that. There is no place that most of us here can legally achieve that speed in Australia.

They (well a 2007 Sportivo SX6) are electronically limited at approximately 255km on the speedo. GPS speed when the speedo is reading that is 245km/h.

That's all the discussion I'm permitting on that. There is no place that most of us here can legally achieve that speed in Australia.

So if a 2007 SX6 Sportivo is limited to 255km/h then what is a TRD supercharged version capable of? Only the TRD is supercharged right, the Sportivo isn't is it? I guess it's not just top end speed, there has to be a limit, 230km/h is fast, I guess like you said there is nowhere you can legally do that in Australia (the Northern Territory has no speed limit doesn't it but I have no idea what the roads are like and with the heat and dust who would want to risk it) but it's all about how quick you can get there, even if you get 230km/p, I have seen a vid on youtube of an Aurion speedo going to 235km/p, it gets there pretty quick for a car that is what? under 60grand for the top model, at least our Aurions are value for money, honesly I have seen Ferraris, Lamborghinis and such in Melbourne when I have been there, what good is a car that you get booked everytime you go over 2nd gear plus the Aurion has so much more practical features. What is the sense of paying a 1/4 mill for a car that gets to 100 in under 4 seconds when it has practically no boot or sometimes the basic feature? Fine if you have a spare 250 thou in the bank, but is it value for money? unlike the Aurion that has looks, power and is practical, would rather an Aurion and a mortgage and not just a car for the same money.

• 1 month later...

i have my exhaust done, k&n pod. 15inch sub at the back 20inch rims: driving pretty much over 60kms always i live in sydney just driving to work like 20kms away from home fuel: goes 15-17L/100 T_T 40kms highway did 13L/100

tyre pressure to 35psi. using SHELL premium unleaded 95. It was about 12.5 but after the fuel reach the half tank. It changes to 10.8L . I was wondering whats going on here and obviously i dont change the way i drive or running on highway. Going to use SHELL V power next week and see how it works. So far tried BP 95 but it doesnt achieve the 10.8L like SHELL but it does go to the 11.5L . Any ideas?

tyre pressure to 35psi. using SHELL premium unleaded 95. It was about 12.5 but after the fuel reach the half tank. It changes to 10.8L . I was wondering whats going on here and obviously i dont change the way i drive or running on highway. Going to use SHELL V power next week and see how it works. So far tried BP 95 but it doesnt achieve the 10.8L like SHELL but it does go to the 11.5L . Any ideas?

Keep in mind that the reading shown on the dash isn't truly correct . Manually calculate it for a more correct average .

Since I'm here , this is my input .

'07 4cyl camry 12L average on BP 95.

Suburban driving only .

However I did hit 8L average for a particular week doing highway driving mostly

Kinda off topic.

I was wondering how often (if at all) you guys use a fuel additive to clean the fuel system ?

I usually add one to a full tank every 5-10,000 klms such as Nulon's Total Fuel System Cleaner and more recently Liqui-Moly Fuel Injection Cleaner.

BP Ultimate, 36 psi in Canberra (high-altitude+Winter, does it make a difference?)

Work commuting ~12km one way, about %50 80-90km/h the rest 40-60km/h.

Manual calculation@ 9.3L/100km

so is it BP 98 ultimat better than shell 98 V POWER? so far i only tried V POWER and i think its pretty good. Havent try caltex one but i think its crap as i never heard anythings about it. :S

"Apparently" - From numerous sources. AKA, not reliable.

Shell, Caltex, and a couple of others (7/11's, woolies etc) run out of a separate refinery than BP and Mobil.

A family member worked in a chem lab at one of the refineries and said he would never buy fuel from the shell/caltex etc stations if he could avoid it (bad quality compared to the BP refinery)

BUT that being said, it depends on the location. For example if there's a BP fuel station in the middle of nowhere, where surrounding towns are all shell/caltex, then chances are they're contracted fuel from Shell/Caltex, rather than from BP.

So really ignore everything I just said, a lot of people say V Power is the go. A lot of people say BP Ultimate is the go. I'm a BP Ultimate man myself, but go test them out yourself. PS. The additives in the BP fuel are boss.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

2011 Touring, 6 months old, best I've seen is down to 7.2L/100kms on the freeway with 95 fuel sitting on 110kph and reving just under 2,000 (usually it's about 7.4L/100kms).

Around town it's about 8.8-9.0L/100kms. Happy with that considering the book says 9.9litres/100kms. We don't drive like a grandpa but we don't flog it either.

Hi guys, I seem to be in the same boat as Graeme. I've had my 07 prodigy for about 12 months and fuel consumption figures seem to hover around 13.5 - 14.5 l/100km. The car is used by my wife to bus kids to school, do shopping etc. I live in Bundaberg, QLD so while I would call it city driving, it's not subjected to the rigours of driving in Brisbane. Probably more comparable to suburban driving. I recently did a run to Toowoomba and back and got it down to 7.9l/100km. All of this is on bp ultimate 98. Question is, can we do anything about it??? Why is my car (and Graeme's) so much thirstier than other aurions around the place???

Hi guys, I seem to be in the same boat as Graeme. I've had my 07 prodigy for about 12 months and fuel consumption figures seem to hover around 13.5 - 14.5 l/100km. The car is used by my wife to bus kids to school, do shopping etc. I live in Bundaberg, QLD so while I would call it city driving, it's not subjected to the rigours of driving in Brisbane. Probably more comparable to suburban driving. I recently did a run to Toowoomba and back and got it down to 7.9l/100km. All of this is on bp ultimate 98. Question is, can we do anything about it??? Why is my car (and Graeme's) so much thirstier than other aurions around the place???

Do you stop and accelerate a lot? like from traffic lights and intersections.

Our 2010 ZR6 is right in line with mediaspacetj economy both suburban and highway running, and thats using 95 united e10. Sydney to Melbourne (Booklyn actually western ring road) on our way to Geelong on one tank.Cruise set on 110-115 k/ph all the way

Do you stop and accelerate a lot? like from traffic lights and intersections.

Around town, it's all traffic lights, single lane roundabouts and give way signs. Yeah, it gets the normal suburban grind. Bundaberg is flat as a pancake, The best slope in town is getting to the second floor of a carpark. I figured other guys who do the same suburban driving in more hilly terrain would be getting slightly worse economy, not noticeably better. Just for the record, the only time I drive is on the weekend with only the occasional spirited acceleration. My wife drives it all week and is a very casual driver. Somehow I still seem to get better figures from the computer though. I just put this down to my wife's everything or nothing approach to accelerator operation, whereas, I will tend to roll off earlier when approaching a red light etc.

• 2 weeks later...

My 2010 aurion with k&n pod filter. I did like 6.9L/100kms once driving from Sydney to woollongon. Once I drive in Sydney city 17-19L/100kms because I step on it hard. If I drive normal it goes down to 12-14L/100kms I always use bp ult for some reason the bp last me longer then v-power

I have recentely bought my 07 prodigy, and I am currently using 95.

I didn't notice any difference in kms when i compared 91 to 95. but I did notice a overall smoother more responsive engine.

I will be trialling 98 on my next fill up.

With 95, I get 10.5 - 11.5. If i drive hard, it is more like 12-12.5

That is driving to and from local bus stop, in total about 15 mins driving a day in metro area.

Now my car is 6 months old with 5,500 kms on the clock (from 0 kms in June when I bought it to now). I fill up every 3 weeks and that's for around the town with stop start traffic.

Last month I looked other day, while on a cruise from Victoria Park to Rockingham with my mum and my grandmother (mum's mother) on board, I actually reached 7.1 km per 100 litre again.

And yes I have been using 98 fuels from BP Ultimate or Shell V-Power as both seem to offer better returns and lasts longer than bloody Caltex Vortex 98 (don't know what's wrong with this fuel as it seems to burn more faster than other 2 fuels!) Right now I am trialling Gull's new 98 fuel called Gull Force 10 *google it*. So far since last Wednesday's fill up, I have used just under a quarter of tank with over 3 quarters of tank to go thru.

I haven't been grannying it if that's what your wondering. It's to do wiht tyre pressures. I will recheck my tyre pressures on the next one and refill the air in the tyres.