Aurion average fuel consumption approximation

DJKOR

I did a bit of granny driving for a smidge to see how low I could get to once, 8.4l/100km I think.

Last break I went the opposite way, and with many foot-flat and forgetting to shift S from 4 to 6, I still only averaged about 16l/100km.

My 3 month old Prodigy averaged 7.7litres on our Xmas trip to Melb and back (650 ks). Motor is still tight so it should even improve on that. I am very impressed with its combination of power and economy. PS Just wanting to know how come my profile has a warning points score ???

Edited by *scoe*

• 2 weeks later...

Gull force 10 is actually crap! Burned right thru from 20th to 27th December! And I made mistake of filling up with Caltex Vortex on 27th December (it was the only cheapest at the time) and burnt thru the fuel in bloody 5 days! I filled up with Shell V-Power on 2nd January and still got 3 quarters of fuel in it. I will be using Shell V-Power or BP Ultimate from now on.

Oh those burn thrus....didn't happen with flat footing cos it was double demerits during that time. I was grannying it! I think it was the quality of fuel in both Gull and Caltex!

And the air pressure remained the same!

Since I started keeping record of fuel useage on the 25/05/11 i have used 2187.16 litres over 20925.1 kilometers for an average of 10.45 L/100klm using mainly shell 91. Used Vortex 98 when we went to Tassie last year with the best being 8.22 L/100klm so overall its impressive for a heavy V6

Now that I'm back in my old job, I only get to enjoy my baby one week out of every three.

Which means at the moment, fuel consumption is averaging 17.7L/100km.

So very totally worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - I'm new to the forum.

Have an 08 ATX - around town (Hills District - Sydney) average 11.5 however some weeks the car is only used for really short trips ( less than 10 minutes) and the fuel consumption goes up to 14.

I don't get it in the highway that often but just went down the South Coast and then back via Canberra. Averaged 8.6 for the week. Happy with that as the boot was full and 4 people on board.

Cheers

TH

On average going to and from work in Newcastle my wife gets 9.8 on trips it usually sits around 7.9. And this car does get driven cause if you try baby it and conserve fuel it is higher no word of a lie. It is the weirdest car.

Had 5 people & a boot full of luggage to Salamander Bay (near Nelsons Bay NSW) from Sydney & the best I achieved was 7.4L\100, happy with those results.

Just returned from Ulludulla & could only get 9.5L\100 possibly due to hilly terrain there & back. Had 4 people & boot full of luggage again.

Still impressed by fuel economy from a family sedan.

7.2 with 3 people and running 98 Octane (from BP?!), on a round trip from where I live to Melbourne and back again, returning a tank range of +700km. Very happy :)

Mine usually sits on around 7.3-7.6. I drive between Geelong and Melbourne, approx 200km's a day. About the flattest most boringest road you will come across. I'm lucky in that I rarely hit peak hour traffic, thanks to shift work.

Sit on 110 (probs 105 with the inaccurate speedo), only ever used 91ULP.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I have only had my Aurion Presara for a few weeks now , and it is exceptionally good on fuel compared to my old Vienta Grande, 3.0 V6

So far I'm averaging 8.67L/100 over several tanks and my best so far is 8.02

I have linked a consumption calculator I created in both Excel 2003 and 2010 formats for anyone who wishes to use them.(pictured below)

Its in an easy to use visual format and is not password protected, just in case you wish to make some mods.

It gives you:

• Actual economy for each tankfull
  • Average economy for ALL of your listed tankfulls
  • Best achieved result to date
  • Worst achieved result to date
  • Total fuel costs to date.
  • pulldown menu for type of fuel used ( E10, 95,98)

If anyone would like any other features added in, let me know and I can add them in.

New-2.jpg

Excel 2003: http://users.tpg.com.au/gsarthur//Aurion.xls

Excel 2010: http://users.tpg.com.au/gsarthur//Aurion.xlsx

Enjoy........................

Greg

Edited by Fallout

Hi,

I have only had my Aurion Presara for a few weeks now , and it is exceptionally good on fuel compared to my old Vienta Grande, 3.0 V6

Nice spreadsheet Fallout, great to see your first tank at peak consumption!! Welcome to your Aurion :clap:

My best is 8.03 worst is 11.0 (first tank), after close to 2 years average consumption is 9.92l/100k

Hi,

I have linked a consumption calculator I created in both Excel 2003 and 2010 formats for anyone who wishes to use them.(pictured below)

Its in an easy to use visual format and is not password protected, just in case you wish to make some mods.

It gives you:

• Actual economy for each tankfull
  • Average economy for ALL of your listed tankfulls
  • Best achieved result to date
  • Worst achieved result to date
  • Total fuel costs to date.
  • pulldown menu for type of fuel used ( E10, 95,98)

If anyone would like any other features added in, let me know and I can add them in.

New-2.jpg

Excel 2003: http://users.tpg.com.au/gsarthur//Aurion.xls

Excel 2010: http://users.tpg.com.au/gsarthur//Aurion.xlsx

Enjoy........................

Greg

Excuse me but how come the tank readings say 548 kms to go after you filled it up yet your calculations had it more? I will download the 2010 excel format and start from there.

Thats a great spreadsheet Greg :)

Excuse me but how come the tank readings say 548 kms to go after you filled it up yet your calculations had it more? I will download the 2010 excel format and start from there.

Because when the trip computer is reset it will go off the previous range average it recorded. The range will vary depending on the type of driving you end up doing, ie highway driving will yield higher range whereas stop/start (around town) driving will generally get lower range.

I've found that if you consistently do long range driving, when you reset the trip computer the default range it resets too will gradually start to climb up. Mines sitting on around 620km at the moment (and I generally get around 700k's on an economy run)

• 2 months later...

Hi all

This is great stuff you have here. I bought my 07 Aurion Presara (55k ODO) two months ago, it is doing 16-17L/100k according to the readings, use it for roughly 15km per day, inner city driving, very short stop and start due to traffic lights in Cairns. Looking at the figures above some thing is wrong with it.

Have done some search on the forum and found that I need to check the tyre pressure urgently and bring it to 38psi (as opposed to 32, I had to check one of the tyres which seemed to have been low on pressure).

I will take it for 60k servicing soon and will have it checked.

Grateful for the info provided in this forum.

Cheers

hey guys :)

got 07 sportivo and it is pretty good on fuel i would say.
Averages around 10L/100 (stretching from 9-11) when I'm driving around town but when i drive to my girlfriends house (about 60km, most of the roads are 110km/h) i get down to about 7.5L/100 so that is very handy.

At Kyl, although that does seems exceptionally high i have noticed that sitting at lights and in heavy traffic just kick it up very very high.

EDIT: Forgot to add: normally run on 91ULP, mostly myself just driving so aircon doesn't get used much and windows normally down (raining atm so obviously not)

Edited by MikeSX6

My last drive on the great ocean road fetched 7.8L/100k on the HWY to Geelong, and 16L/100k while on the great ocean road as it calls for more "spirited" driving ;)

Normal driving conditions, I sit on 10.3L/100k :)

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

My car on a full tank in city driving does around 430-450kms. Only petrol I've ever used is Shell V-Power. I did give BP Ultimate a try once but the petrol dried up pretty quickly. Also keep in mind I am a tad bit heavy on the accelrator.

One thing I wanna mention bout fuel consumption. Before this car I had a 380 VRX S2 and I was getting 300km out of a full tank which is pretty crap. I ended up putting on carsales and it sold pretty quickly. Guy puts a deposit on the car and says he'll pick it up and pay for the rest in 2 weeks. I get my brother who is an authorized to give Roadworthy Certificates and as he took my spark plugs out he noticed they were completely fried, even though the car only had 50k on the engine. As soon as he changed them, I filled the car up cause I still had it for 2 weeks and I was now getting about 450km per tank. I felt like calling the guy and telling him to come pick up his deposit but I decided to stick with the sale and get something new. No one believed that a spark plug could change the fuel consumption that much, but it did.

I have a 07 TRD Aurion. I do about 50ish Kms a day to and from work with 95% of that 100+ kmph motorway speeds.
I avg about 9.6 to 10 L per 100kms. been as low as 8.8 once when i really going soft to see what I could do.

• 7 months later...

Filled my car up on 29/10/2014 BP Ulitmate RON98. $88 on that day I remember.

505kms later 11/11/2014BP Ultimate RON98 again. Again $88. Filled up to 58 litres. Fuel consumption from 29th October to 11th October = 8.70 litres per 100kmh.

This was mixed of country and city. Not bad I say.

i used to stay in brisbane and do a lot of highway miles. oNCE i drove down to melbourne, i managed to get 6.2L/100K. NOW I LIVE IN MEL FOR 1 YEARS, DID A LOT OF 40K/HR CITY DRIVING. last week i drove to brisbane again, the best i could get was 9L/100k. always use 98 petrol, now i'm not sure what cause the difference... maybe i need some oil change or new spark plugs...

Ok, this is going to sound a little crazy but I think my 2011 Aurion Touring is doing few odd things as far as fuel use goes.

I do about 95% suburban driving and typically fill up with 91 RON Shell fuel.

From time to time I will fill on 98 RON or 95 RON Shell fuel but have not noticed any particular difference in the fuel economy.

If anything, the 91 RON seems to be the most economical, the 95 RON next and the 98 RON least economical (in L/100klms used)

This is counter to what one would expect right? Unless I am imagining things.

I will monitor this more carefully and see what I come up with.

• Like 1