2011/12 Toyota Aurion

moggillsx6

i quite like the look of the stivos...something a little diff around the ***** end looks good imo with the body kits n things

it's still a great value sedan with that engine n tranny me thinks....i hope sales pickup with this one so we all maintain some sort a choice in large car segment in oz without breaking the bank....nissans entry into motorsport next year will add some excitement around the place

cheers cam :mellow:

i quite like the look of the stivos...something a little diff around the ***** end looks good imo with the body kits n things

it's still a great value sedan with that engine n tranny me thinks....i hope sales pickup with this one so we all maintain some sort a choice in large car segment in oz without breaking the bank....nissans entry into motorsport next year will add some excitement around the place

cheers cam :mellow:

Not many people like the new look Aurion Sportivo, I award you on your nonconformity. I personally hope the Sportivo sales die a quick death.

The Malaysian Camry (Locally assembled.) will be launched next month, and spyshots of two cars with the Aerokit package are out (Looks like a dealer got a display & test-drive unit early.). The squarish front skirt looks to be inspired by our Aurion Sportivo, with the addition of LED DRLs. After looking at this, the front skirting of the Sportivo doesn't seem as bad (Though could do with some minor styling tweaks.). The rear skirting looks good though. White car is a 2.0G wih Aerokit package and the black one is a top=spec 2.5V with Aerokit package. If it's anything like the previous car, no sports suspension option (Previous Camry didn't have it and only the Vios is available with a locally developed TRD sports suspension.).

IMG_20120530_113514-950x712.jpg

IMG_20120530_112702-e1338447771636-950x669.jpg

IMG00347-20120531-1023-e1338447660960-950x564.jpg

The rear skirting looks good though.

IMG_20120530_112702-e1338447771636-950x669.jpg

It does even look like the skirt suits the body. It looks worse than some slap on body kits out there.

I hate it less every time I look at it. Still haven't seen one in the flesh, and probably will never buy one, but I'm no so much in the "wish it would run over me so I don't have to see it anymore" camp now.

Saw another new Aurion today and in graphite colour as well. This time different grade...ATX form I think as it wasn't a Prodigy or Presara cos Prodigy and Presara got chrome foglight surrounds.

It doesn't even look like the skirt suits the body. It looks worse than some slap on body kits out there.

At least it isn't as extreme as the Sportivo's rear.

A rear 3/4 pic of the Malaysian kit

IMG_20120530_112851-e1338447751160-950x507.jpg

Just checked photos of the original Thai bodykit again. Not Sportivo-like, but the design seems to match the lines of the car better than the other two.

lead_id8.jpg

MAINSHOTREAR.jpg

^ That is one HUGE rear skirt on the white car :blink:

Although on reflection, maybe this is just an extreme version of the current trend of "lets ruin the look of a cars behind, just cause we can " philosophy. Thinking new Liberty sedan as one of my most annoying rear styling changes, along with our Sportivo.

Edited by MyATX

Yeah not a huge fan of the Sportivo. I have a graphite ZR6 on our showroom and the graphite colour certainly makes the front/rear bars look a little less hideous.

On the other hand, we also have a graphite Presara and that just looks fantastic. Know which one I'd buy!

yeah im with you on that one. the Sportivo only half floats my boat in a few certain colours and even then i look at the back and shake my head! I prefer the Presara it atleast looks elegant and semi "Lexus like".

saw a black sportivo drive past me whilst driving home yesterday. didn't get to distinguish whether it's an sx6 or zr6 though. i'm still adament that it looks hideous.

• 2 weeks later...

went to toyota today, they had aurions on the showroom floor, and i have to say, these cars look so much better in real life. The sportivo will look good if it had bigger rims lowered suspension. The presara looks very classy as well. The rear end of the car actually isn't as bad as we all thought it was ^_^

Saw a few new model aurions popping up here in Perth, graphite ZR6 which was a while ago but this weekend I managed to see ATX and Presara (i think as I only caught PR as it drove past me). They both look a lot cleaner to look at than Sportivo's

Seen a few on the way to/from work here in Canberra... The rear lights are a real let down :( After the awesome 07/08(?) round LED's to the high tech rectangle ones of the models after. Only to downgrade to camry-like bulbs? Mehhh, highly disappointed in the look of the back!!

But the front and interior are pretty damn good :D

Was at Toyota getting my overhead map-light console replaced due to a faulty switch on Tuesday, 400 bucks normally, they replace the whole thing, luckily it was under warranty but I digress, spotted this 2012 Sportivo in the yard, sorry the pics aren't that great, used my phone which is not that good for pics, new Aurions zr6, no offence but what have they done, tail lights look ok but rear apron has too much grey plastic around exhaust & in between to my liking and the front looks great but look at the fog lamp surrounds, again overkill with the grey plastic. Interior is nice, corbon fibre look is great, my Touring has silver on the centre console. worried about if it scratches or wears, really like the new interior though. Oh and I caught some pics of the new 2012 Toyota 86, (Corolla they said, I think bringing back a modern equivalent of the old 1980s AE86 Corolla Sprinter Hatch/Coupe, grabbed 2 pics of that also as they rolled her into the display room.

post-27452-0-86495100-1340208976_thumb.jpost-27452-0-98287500-1340209007_thumb.jpost-27452-0-66694500-1340209052_thumb.jpost-27452-0-31503300-1340209080_thumb.j

Edited by SATORI893

The rear end of the car actually isn't as bad as we all thought it was ^_^

Correction. Your statement should read "...actually isn't as bad as I thought it was". Can't speak for everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot believe the design on the Sportivo's. What the hell were they thinking? I think I'm stuck with my current ZR6 until the facelift on the new Aurions. What a shame :(

I was stopped behind a Presara at the lights on the way home tonight.

At least a good third of the two mufflers are visible from the back of the car and have been painted black to compensate for this.

The plastic cover to the rear bumper bar doesn't entend down as far as the previous models and makes the new model look kind of cheap.

• 4 weeks later...

Not long had a GSV50 ATX in Wildfire after my 2007 touring was torched. Looked at the prodigy but couldn't justify the extra cost and the sportivo is just plain ugly.

Noticed the vehicle is a lot quieter and has more go than the old one, also more stable at speed but wonder if anyone can tell me if the GSV50 is speed limited.

My 2007 aurion would run to over 212kph (accordiong to the GPS) and still had more to go although it was a really touchy on the steering at that speed. Taking the new car to the same stretch of tar I could only get 210 and it felt like a speed limiter cut in, still had not reached the red line so it was not the rev limiter. By the way the stretch of tar is closed to the public so I was the only one in danger. Also the car was far more stable than the 2007 model.

Not long had a GSV50 ATX in Wildfire after my 2007 touring was torched. Looked at the prodigy but couldn't justify the extra cost and the sportivo is just plain ugly.

Noticed the vehicle is a lot quieter and has more go than the old one, also more stable at speed but wonder if anyone can tell me if the GSV50 is speed limited.

My 2007 aurion would run to over 212kph (accordiong to the GPS) and still had more to go although it was a really touchy on the steering at that speed. Taking the new car to the same stretch of tar I could only get 210 and it felt like a speed limiter cut in, still had not reached the red line so it was not the rev limiter. By the way the stretch of tar is closed to the public so I was the only one in danger. Also the car was far more stable than the 2007 model.

Few pages back Adamsy said the new Aurion is speed restricted now.

Edited by Silver-Aurion