DJKOR's Aurion - Rev. 2

DJKOR

Bloody tops mate, you going to keep the TRD wheels or offload them?

Most likely offload them. I've got the following to consider:

- Will I ever want to return to the stock wheels?

- If I sell the car soon, will the stock wheels make a difference?

My thoughts on these are:

- Most likely not. As much as the stock wheels looked good for a stock wheel, they aren't really anything fancy and when you think of the front brakes, they did a good job of hiding them. Realistically, they worked well for a stock looking car, but at the end of the day, they aren't overly that great. I highly doubt that if I get sick of these wheels, that I would rather return to the factory ones.

- I don't intend on selling the car any time soon but in the event things change, I don't really think the factory wheels are going to give me that much more bargaining power. Considering the car would probably be sold with the coilovers (since the factory shocks are rooted and I wouldn't spend to put a new set on), any loss I'll have from selling it modified would probably not be increased any further with the addition of these wheels.

So yeah. The way I look at it, I don't think it benefits me keeping the stock wheels and I'll just be wasting space.

<snip>

wow ! looks soo good ! im liking this shot alot !

Now that I look at it again.... so do I.

Very nice, maybe some black nuts and black centre caps ? Are they sitting further in than the TRD alloys?

One thing at a time. I don't always throw money at the car (except for fuel). zedder did provide me very generously with some TRD emblems for the centre which fit absolutely perfectly. I'll get around to that when I can.

As for where they sit, the TRD wheels are +46.5mm whereas these are +45mm. On the grand scale of things, they pretty much sit the same.

Edit: They look like this... haven't stuck it on yet, it just sits there perfectly because of its size:

di-1513480523842.jpg

looks really cool,,, give me a feel of space ship, very unique design

Those little silver dots around the wheels make me think of LED or diamond

Edited by ben yip

After I parked my car this morning, I figured I would take a quick snap to show it off in a different environment other than those quick shots in my garage.

On a side note, how convenient that the wheel lined up in the right spot to show the calliper.

di-1134809972511.jpg

di-813481306796.jpg

di-4134813069214.jpg

di-613481307013.jpg

Fk yeah!! Repping the TRD/Aurions man! :). Looks good as. Loving the silver eye lids, where'd you get those??

I constantly scroll up to look at the car... again...... and again :lol:. The mod bug hits me hard when I see your car man!

Edited by Silver-Aurion

Fk yeah!! Repping the TRD/Aurions man! :). Looks good as. Loving the silver eye lids, where'd you get those??

I constantly scroll up to look at the car... again...... and again :lol:. The mod bug hits me hard when I see your car man!

Really testing my memory here but I was fairly sure I got them from Vick (VF-X) not long after I got the car. I had to be sure though so I came across this:

So yes... I got them back in October 2010 from Vick. Got them painted at some auto body place around the corner from home.

I swear, I can't stop looking at my car now.