Fuel Consumption

This is what I find so far. The worse fuel economy comes in condition when the weather is hot, Air-con is on and travelling in the busy city streets. The best comes from cool rainy day, highway driving, and no air-con (not needed).

I've recently stopped calculating my consumption coz I've been getting a very consistent 7.5L/100km. a bit more at times and a bit less on others.

I do notice this, on a freeway, floor the throttle and reach max speed (near 6000rpm on top gear) once only. I did this to see how far my conquest sedan would go. After that the engine feels a lot more lively, the fuel consumption remain good on freeway and I was able to cruise at 120-140km/h with less fuel than before. Previously, I had always been gentle on throttle wherever i go and I had been doing that for 1 year. This I guess made the ECU adapt itself to be efficient at speed less than 100km/h. If I travel at 120km/h vs. 95km/h, my consumption was so much higher.

So this led me to conclude that if u need to travel on freeway for more than 30mins. floor it on top gear first (If u can).

i get mimimum 650km from my 2003 corolla sportivo. i once got close to 700km driving snails pace

i got about 740ks City driving - Mobil 8000 (58 litres) and that was with quite a bit of lift- but mostly changes around 3.5k

still very impressed with this little beast - compared to my auto 03 corolla (used to get 400 ks Max 50 litres of 91 unleaded - driving softtt)

• 2 weeks later...

BP ultimate, drove with fuel light on for 25 kms so used about 53L fuel and travelled 550 km.....all city driving, AC on constantly and lift couple of times per drive.

pretty happy with the economy....same as old AE92....one tank per fortnight :)

4A-FE

about 600ks per tank, so thats pretty good i recon concidering i realy dont drive efficiantly.

just filled up with the best from caltex (cant remember what it is) and iv done 100 and the gauge hasnt moved, i think its broken haha.

i get poor power and economy in rain, rain sucks more power than my aircon on full.

I find the fuel consumption is worse on hot weather with air-con on. Moreover, there is no power when that happens. the car literally felt like a 1.5 on those condition, not a 1.8 anymore.

I've also found that Mobil is really good petrol. Don't really have prove of it but when my car is on mobil, it humms a lot smoother with no knocks and very forgiving with clumsy clutch. I remember, after pumping mobil and suddenly i switched to caltex premium, I stalled my car 10kms after i pump the crappy petrol.

I know... I should have rev a bit more and be more gentle on the cluth release. but the point is that the engine does not like it so it just stalled at higher rev than with mobil.

BP is also good, but not as good as Mobil. Shell is crap.

Is quite sad that mobil stations are disappearing since they are usually more expensive for the normal petrol but cheaper for the premium. I find the premium mobil is just a little more than the normal ones, so well worth the extras. in fact, shell, caltex have very expensive premium petrol.

I find the fuel consumption is worse on hot weather with air-con on. Moreover, there is no power when that happens. the car literally felt like a 1.5 on those condition, not a 1.8 anymore.

No shiat! :idea:

No shiat! :idea:

welll i guess somethings gotta make the aircon work, i thought it was magic!! :blink::huh::rolleyes:

03 Sportivo 100 000k's with CAI,headers and exhaust. Using 95 octane it's usually around 650kms to a tank. Using 98 octane is roughly the same around the 650k mark. This is for city driving. Open freeway running I have been able to get up around the 740k's to a tank on either 95 or 98 octane.

Gee thats almost performance of a prius or a european diesel hatch. prius and diesel can usually do 1000km per tank.

in regard to air-con + hot weather, my point was that the power is surprisingly weak. usually your air-con at home will consume upwards of 5hp to cool such a big volume. a 1.8 to 1.5 would be a difference of at least 15hp to 30+hp. thats why it was surprising for me.

Long story short (and please excuse me if i've missed this somewhere earlier)...

It i recommended (if not explicitly demanded), that Stivos run on premium (assuming RON98 and upwards), but i read that some are using as low as 91 octane.

What's the story then?

Can Stivos run on 91 and/or 95 octane, or should they be left on 98 and upwards?

Long story short (and please excuse me if i've missed this somewhere earlier)...

It i recommended (if not explicitly demanded), that Stivos run on premium (assuming RON98 and upwards), but i read that some are using as low as 91 octane.

What's the story then?

Can Stivos run on 91 and/or 95 octane, or should they be left on 98 and upwards?

stivos need a minimum of 95 (Premium unleaded) but some choose to use 98, (for example myself, and i get better performance and much better ks out of a tank)

What's the story then?

stivos need a minimum of 95 (Premium unleaded) but some choose to use 98, (for example myself, and i get better performance and much better ks out of a tank)

but the difference between a sportivo on 95RON and 98RON is amazing

Old thread revival!

Just filld up and got 865km from 57L giving me 6.59L/100km (42.8 MPG for the old skool). I could have cracked the 900km mark :o . Driving was about 60% highway, 40% city on Optimax Extreme and yes I did use lift on occassion, otherwise I shifted at 3000rpm.

I bet this is nothing new to the 1ZZ owners.

Well "Superdave" I just pipped you on the economy, (face lift Sportivo) I got 6.5l/100k, I got 850k out of the tank and it took 55.27 litres to fill (right up to the top of the filler neck). If I had a jerry can in the back I would have tried for 900k and would probably have got it.

I had to get FBT miles on it so I just cruised up and down the freeways at 100kph, no lift involved, rpm kept below 4000rpm. It sure was boring. My normal average is 7.8l/100k.

• 1 month later...

Well "Blick" I just pipped you on the economy, (pre-face lift Sportivo) I got 6.5l/100k, I got 899k out of the tank and it took 58.5 litres to fill (right up to the top of the filler neck). If I had a jerry can in the back I would have tried for 920k and would probably have got it.

:lol::lol:

My last full tank eats you all alive in terms of being sooooo economical ;) ;) ;) ;) ..... The blue bombshell sucked through the tank @ 13L / 100km ..... got 400km out of it and had to fill up 52L :P :P :P :P :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

Well "Blick" I just pipped you on the economy, (pre-face lift Sportivo) I got 6.5l/100k, I got 899k out of the tank and it took 58.5 litres to fill (right up to the top of the filler neck). If I had a jerry can in the back I would have tried for 920k and would probably have got it.

Wellllllllllll I just pipped everyone on fuel economy as I know have an authentic flying monkey from The Wizard of Oz that flies me around. HAH! All I have to do is feed him bananas :D

Wait a second...aren't bananas expesive as well at the mo...

DOH!!!!

OK. You win!

I just couldn't bare to drive that slow again for 900+k's